691 replies to this topic

#41 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17431 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:01 PM

I've been listening to a lot of old time Bluegrass lately.  Some of those tunes can be squeezed like an orange to get liquid adrenalin.  Plus the craftsmanship is sometimes spectacular.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#42 Shade

Shade

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:55 PM

For recent track listings check out my LastFM account:

http://www.last.fm/user/S-h-a-d-e/
Honor but above all, Loyalty.

#43 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:35 PM

Been listening to several of the tracks from Jarhead the last couple days. They put some good music in that movie.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#44 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17431 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:23 PM

How is that movie?  Down on the military?  I Don't care to see a hollywood hit piece, especially on the Corps.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#45 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6094 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:18 AM

the Battle Cat, on November 7th 2005, 07:23 PM, said:

How is that movie?  Down on the military?  I Don't care to see a hollywood hit piece, especially on the Corps.

View Post

I don't think it was down on the military. Was reasonably true to Swofford's memoirs from the Gulf War, though it would've been nice if it had more of the action he saw. It skimped on the action and was a bit anti-climactic, but I mean, so were his experiences, and the Gulf War itself for that matter. Not too much happens in 4 days. Some folks hated it, but I liked it and I'm pretty pro-military, so... there it is. Good visuals, everybody's acting was outstanding, and the sound was great too. Script may have been a little wanting, but nobody's perfect.

Certainly one effin hell of a lot better than the attempt to moviefy Doom. ;)
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#46 macgallant

macgallant

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:41 AM

I'm currently listening to:
Echo and the Bunnymen's album: Siberia
Howie Day's album: Australia
Radiohead's album: Pablo Honey
Gigolo Aunts' album: Pacific Ocean Blues
MDD PowerMac G4 Dual 867Mhz: 128MB Radeon 9800 Pro, 2GB Ram, 80GB OEM HD & 160GB Seagate HD
, ViewSonic VA2012wb 20" Widescreen LCD, Belkin USB 2 PCI card, Logitech Z-2200 THX 2.1 Speakers, Apple Keyboard & 5 button Superman Mouse, XBox Live webcam, Superdrive & combo drive
, MacOSX 10.5.6 Leopard/b]
Black MacBook Core 2 Duo  2.2 GHz: 4 GB Ram, 250 GB HD, Superdrive, Maxtor Onetouch 4 external 500GB HD, Microsoft LaserDesktop for Mac
, [b]Mac OSX 10.5.6 Leopard

#47 LordViking

LordViking

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:39 PM

"Who's Next" - The Who

Greatest Album ever... no point in listening to anything else... maybe Tommy...

If it's not the who... it's crap... (ok, maybe if it's not the who, pink floyd, phish, led zeppelin, tool, the doors, ac/dc, Steve Miller band or CCR...)
In Soviet Russia, signature read you!

#48 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17431 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:18 PM

LordViking, on November 8th 2005, 10:39 AM, said:

"Who's Next" - The Who

Greatest Album ever... no point in listening to anything else... maybe Tommy...

If it's not the who... it's crap... (ok, maybe if it's not the who, pink floyd, phish, led zeppelin, tool, the doors, ac/dc, Steve Miller band or CCR...)

View Post

Oh man, I just snagged my Who's Next CD that I digitized from my old old LP and have it playing in my Mac right now.  This music is from my "golden years" of hippiedom in the late 70's.  The first time I played it in iTunes with the visualizer running an inch from the end of my nose I almost cried for my lost, wasted youth.  I have several Doors albums too, I went to one of their concerts in San Diego, had wire framed glasses like they did (wearing those frames in that pic).  Anything by Steve Miller or Credence is pure gold.

LordViking, if you ever become orphaned I'll adopt you... son.  Of course on the condition I can listen to your records... and er, I get them if you mysteriously die.

Hey get a load of the pic I linked to by the way.  If it had better resolution you could see all the Classic Hippy popsnizzle scattered around me.  There is a guitar, a Cheops pyramid rack, a pic of some guru I went to India to see, a Chinese zodiac, an acupuncture chart, my all I could afford to run 7 watt light bulb in the wall unit, a book of Psi Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain, a high frequency electrical generator for Kerlian photography, and get a load of that psychedelic-hermit-cosmological-earth-muffin-yoink tie died shirt I'm wearing.  All this in a tiny 2 room cabin in the forest high in the mountains.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#49 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:30 PM

the Battle Cat, on November 8th 2005, 05:18 PM, said:

Oh man, I just snagged my Who's Next CD that I digitized from my old old LP and have it playing in my Mac right now.  This music is from my "golden years" of hippiedom in the late 70's.  The first time I played it in iTunes with the visualizer running an inch from the end of my nose I almost cried for my lost, wasted youth.  I have several Doors albums too, I went to one of their concerts in San Diego, had wire framed glasses like they did (wearing those frames in that pic).  Anything by Steve Miller or Credence is pure gold.

LordViking, if you ever become orphaned I'll adopt you... son.  Of course on the condition I can listen to your records... and er, I get them if you mysteriously die.

Hey get a load of the pic I linked to by the way.  If it had better resolution you could see all the Classic Hippy popsnizzle scattered around me.  There is a guitar, a Cheops pyramid rack, a pic of some guru I went to India to see, a Chinese zodiac, an acupuncture chart, my all I could afford to run 7 watt light bulb in the wall unit, a book of Psi Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain, a high frequency electrical generator for Kerlian photography, and get a load of that psychedelic-hermit-cosmological-earth-muffin-yoink tie died shirt I'm wearing.  All this in a tiny 2 room cabin in the forest high in the mountains.

View Post

Interesting way to live.  What was the reason for you adopting such a modest lifestyle?

#50 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2242 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:47 PM

Some of that music from the 60 and 70s is allright but I perfer hard rock/metal. But sometimes I should import one of Gackts CDs.
What is a man?

#51 jgwdoc

jgwdoc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:55 PM

Thelonius Monk and John Coltrane Live at Carnegie Hall
Cream at the Royal Albert Hall
Radiohead: Kid  A
And Grateful Dead, always.

And just for the record, smoking weed is better for your body and brain than sucking down those  poisonous 2 carbon fragments known as alcohol that are so widely encouraged in our society.
(though I also admit to a fondness for good tequila).
Home: MacPro 2x3.0 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon/16GB RAM/ATI HD5770,1GB VRAM/Snow Leopard/Windows 7
Travel: MacbookPro 2.9GHz Quadcore i7/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Radeon Pro560 with 4GB VRAM/Sierra/Windows 10

Beach: iMac 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo-boost to 3.9GHz/16GB RAM/Sierra/Windows10/GeForce GTX 780M 4GB

#52 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2242 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:09 PM

jgwdoc, on November 8th 2005, 04:55 PM, said:

Thelonius Monk and John Coltrane Live at Carnegie Hall
Cream at the Royal Albert Hall
Radiohead: Kid  A
And Grateful Dead, always.

And just for the record, smoking weed is better for your body and brain than sucking down those  poisonous 2 carbon fragments known as alcohol that are so widely encouraged in our society.

View Post

weed=mind****
What is a man?

#53 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:20 PM

jgwdoc, on November 8th 2005, 05:55 PM, said:

And just for the record, smoking weed is better for your body and brain than sucking down those  poisonous 2 carbon fragments known as alcohol that are so widely encouraged in our society.

View Post

:thumbsup:  :whistling:
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#54 Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:25 PM

Lola  --  the kinks

:D
All your Peecees are belong to trash

#55 Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:26 PM

Cherry Lips  --  Garbage
All your Peecees are belong to trash

#56 macmanZ

macmanZ

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:29 PM

Randy Newman - Short People

#57 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:58 PM

Let's be nice and keep an open mind. That's what I say. :happy:

#58 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6094 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:39 PM

jgwdoc, on November 8th 2005, 04:55 PM, said:

View Post

Which would explain why I'm perfectly healthy and still as mentally fit as I ever was as a moderate to light drinker, while a good friend and the only weed smoker I've ever known personally for an extended period of time has mentally deteriorated from a highly intelligent honors student to a slow-in-the-head, continually spaced out moron over the seven years I've known him. Go weed! :happy:

Eric5h5:

#59 zapranoth

zapranoth

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:06 PM

You're trying to hijack my thread, you weenies.  

Dire Straits, Alchemy, Disc 1.  "Once Upon a Time in the West"

"Stand by Your Man," as beautifully covered by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes,

and

"If I Had a Rocket Launcher," Bruce Cockburn

PS:  Dear God, what does Gackt sound like?  Do I wanna fire up Limewire and find out?  Do I wanna know what "J rock" is?
"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard, and floor it.
Floor it.  That's technical talk."   - SRV

#60 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:23 PM

zapranoth, on November 9th 2005, 02:06 PM, said:

PS:  Dear God, what does Gackt sound like?  Do I wanna fire up Limewire and find out?  Do I wanna know what "J rock" is?

View Post

He's actually a good singer. It's just... you know.. his appearance..