6 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:39 AM

Gamespot recently reviewed Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Xbox), developed by Pandemic Stuios. The sequel to the popular Star Wars Battlefront, which was released a few months ago for the Mac by Aspyr Media, Battlefront 2 improves upon the original with the addition of new maps, characters, and the inclusion of space-based battles. From the Gamespot review:

If Battlefront II seems like it's treading over familiar ground, that's because it is. If you already played the first game, you won't be surprised to see the same maps in this one. You'll keep fighting on the icy wastes of Hoth, the steamy swamps of Dagobah, and among the buildings in the dusty town of Mos Eisley. Some incremental feature improvements, like the new single-player campaign modes, playable Jedi, and space battles have also been tossed in for good measure. While there haven't been any radical changes made since the first game, Battlefront II remains a worthwhile choice for Star Wars fans looking for a good team-based shooter.
While not yet announced on the Mac, given the popularity of the original, a port by Aspyr is a possibility.

To view the entire review, click the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 atari

atari

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:04 AM

Port you must it Aspyr!
27 inch quad beastie ordered :)

#3 gromit

gromit

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:50 PM

atari, on November 4th 2005, 12:04 PM, said:

Port you must it Aspyr!

View Post

I'd rather they port something with a chance of developing a multiplayer community, or with a more rewarding solo experience.

#4 atari

atari

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:02 PM

gromit, on November 4th 2005, 08:50 PM, said:

I'd rather they port something with a chance of developing a multiplayer community, or with a more rewarding solo experience.

View Post

Donīt say it uses Gamespy too.....   :angry:
27 inch quad beastie ordered :)

#5 kingarthur_kom

kingarthur_kom

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:46 PM

atari, on November 4th 2005, 02:02 PM, said:

Donīt say it uses Gamespy too.....   :angry:

View Post

Of course it does.  :glare:

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8308 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:37 AM

Just as I expected: the contents of an add-on disguised as a full featured game. Can we spell "rip-off"?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#7 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:21 PM

Janichsan, on November 7th 2005, 12:37 AM, said:

Just as I expected: the contents of an add-on disguised as a full featured game. Can we spell "rip-off"?

You should have known this was coming since before the first one got ported. Of course it's not going to change much. 1 was a bit of a miss, too, which was obvious and puts me in the right place to take advantage of this upgrade :)