#101 MILBOP DIPPLEBERRY

MILBOP DIPPLEBERRY

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:26 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on March 8th 2007, 02:58 PM, said:

*Bans MILBOP DIPPLEBERRY for life because his WoW complaint contained abusive and obscene language, including links to warez and pr0n, and ended with a death threat rant*

Let that be a warning for the rest of you!
First they came for the caps writers, and I didnít speak up,
because I wasn't a caps writer.

Then they came for the trolls, and I didnít speak up,
because I wasn't a troll.

Then they came for the spammers, and I didnít speak up,
because I wasn't a spammer.

Then they came for me, and there was no one left
to speak up for me.

#102 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:59 PM

View PostMILBOP DIPPLEBERRY, on March 8th 2007, 05:26 PM, said:

Then they came for me, and there was no one left
to speak up for me.

Although a bit short in some of your posts, you seem like a decent person with a stern looking icon. You don't go by Will do ya? :)

#103 MILBOP DIPPLEBERRY

MILBOP DIPPLEBERRY

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:54 PM

View PostHuntn, on March 8th 2007, 07:59 PM, said:

Although a bit short in some of your posts, you seem like a decent person with a stern looking icon. You don't go by Will do ya? :)
Oh folly! I'm afraid you've mistaken me for someone else. My posts may seem short, my young marauder, but stay on your toes, for my tongue will lash you yet!

#104 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

View PostMILBOP DIPPLEBERRY, on March 8th 2007, 08:54 PM, said:

Oh folly! I'm afraid you've mistaken me for someone else. My posts may seem short, my young marauder, but stay on your toes, for my tongue will lash you yet!

Only if you can connect as I float like a butterfly and...:P

#105 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:14 AM

In WoW, I just ran through Stranglethorn Veil with my L55 Hunter. It is one of the best zones of the game, so well layed out, so exotic and alive, real creative genius imo. It's just too bad it is not a place you can look to hang out on a long term basis- x number of quests in a very short period of time and then your done. And the animals/mobs run on tracks. Of course I love Ungoro Crater too. But talk about many large animals on tracks... :)

But that is what WoW is about, characters are gypsys, no where to live, just consume the content and move on. It too bad that Blizzard or any MMO producer can't come up with a way to make zones more dynamic and livable on a long term basis...

(Moved post to this more appropriate topic).

#106 Cyan421

Cyan421

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:28 PM

I just got to STV with my 31 Priest and I plan on staying awhile.  It is indeed a great area, but i plan on spending a good portion of the next ten levels just in Straglethorn.  I also don't think its very well laid out.  There are tons of quests in the 30-35 range but its a long walk to the northern section, and a dangerous one from Booty Bay.

#107 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:46 AM

View PostCyan421, on May 23rd 2007, 10:28 PM, said:

I just got to STV with my 31 Priest and I plan on staying awhile.  It is indeed a great area, but i plan on spending a good portion of the next ten levels just in Straglethorn.  I also don't think its very well laid out.  There are tons of quests in the 30-35 range but its a long walk to the northern section, and a dangerous one from Booty Bay.

It is a long run up north, but my praise of this zone's layout is not based on convenience but more on the old ruins and the different adventures to be had. :) Might you be playing horde (basing this question on a feeling that horde normally arrive in Booty Bay)? Are you on a normal (PVE) or a PVP server?

I assume you know all about the Expedition site on the north end full of starter quests for the zone. It is so far North, I usually fly to Darkshire and run down as I am playing Alliance characters.

#108 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:43 AM

Twitch Guru Article: How to Revolutionize the MMORPG. Primarily it says get rid of leveling. But is that enough? I'd rather them figure out how to make dynamic worlds and flexible quest  chains.

#109 NAG

NAG

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:56 PM

I'm thinking MMOs are fundamentally flawed. They require too much time, time that is dictated by other players. So you either build in more single player content (enough to keep everyone happy, which is what blizzard is trying to do with the daily quest thing to prevent people from getting tired) or make all the multiplayer stuff really easy as to not require everyone have a team (which they also are sort of attempting to do but I'm extremely skeptical due to the very large skill gap in the WoW playerbase). It is especially problematic to keep people entertained when so much of the entertainment centers around other players. MMOs are fun while they last but they do have a finite life span before most sane people just get tired of them (like any other game).
"You call *this* archaeology?" ē Professor Henry Jones

#110 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

MMO Developer's Conference- The Newbie Experience interesting read over at mmorpg.com. At least they are thinking about it. I've always said that the game better grab me up front or it's not going to happen. Out of 6 MMOs I've tried, only 1 has grabbed me- WoW. And now I don't know if that formula would work for me again- mostly a static world and the vagabond syndrome, being forced to move from zone to zone, with no real home.

View PostNAG, on June 20th 2007, 08:56 PM, said:

MMOs are fun while they last but they do have a finite life span before most sane people just get tired of them (like any other game).

Yes, I think so. (How's that for a late response?)