#1 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:59 PM

As far as I know there is only one way to capture a screen shot in WoW...using the F13 key. I see no way to remap it under the WoW interface. My 15" Power book has no F13, so I'm missing out on many great screens.

Is there a way? A way to configure F13 on my PB keys? or a way to remap the SS in WoW?
Thanks much!

-Hunt'n

#2 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:37 PM

Does Shift+Apple+3 not work?
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#3 Macs Rock

Macs Rock

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:05 PM

Huntn, on October 19th 2005, 01:59 PM, said:

As far as I know there is only one way to capture a screen shot in WoW...using the F13 key. I see no way to remap it under the WoW interface. My 15" Power book has no F13, so I'm missing out on many great screens.

Is there a way? A way to configure F13 on my PB keys? or a way to remap the SS in WoW?
Thanks much!

-Hunt'n

View Post

On my Pm its f 13.

#4 a2daj

a2daj

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:32 PM

Check out the stickies at the official WoW Tech support forums.
Dual 2.5 GHz G5-RADEON X800 -4 GB RAM-Revo 7.1
MBP 2.0GHz -Mobility RADEON X1600-2 GB RAM

#5 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:02 PM

a2daj, on October 19th 2005, 05:32 PM, said:

Check out the stickies at the official WoW Tech support forums.

View Post

Thanks for the replies...This one is perfect, thanks! The thread titled: Shortcuts, Right Clicks, Screenshots says this:

This sticky is a compilation of the different shortcuts and controls as they apply to Mac systems. Please feel free to add any additional shortcuts or keybinds that may apply. Please refrain from posting replies that offer preferences on remapping that are not required.

Screenshots:

F13 is the key to take a screenshot. Normally, this is not re-bindable, in the key bindings dialog.

Since powerbooks and ibooks do not have an F13 key, the best way to handle this is as follows:

1. In game, hit escape to bring up the main menu and click key bindings. Change any one of the key bindings. You cannot change the SCREENSHOT binding here, but if you make a change to any of the key bindings, then a file named bindings-cache.wtf will be created on your hard drive.

2. Quit the game.

3. Open the file named bindings-cache.txt inside the WTF folder (it will be in a sub folder with your account name) using TextEdit.

4. Add a line such as:
bind NUMPAD8 SCREENSHOT

5. Save the file. You're now good to go.

or

Screen shots can be bound to a key by typing the following.

/console BIND F9 SCREEENSHOT

This will bind screen shots to the F9 key.

What I did:
Since I've changed some of the key bindings in the game, I all ready had a file in my WTF folder but it's called "bindings-cache.wtf". I opened it with Text Edit and added this as the last line: "bind F12 SCREENSHOT" without the quotes. It works like a charm!!  :D

-Hunt'n

#6 mudface

mudface

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:51 AM

Huntn, on October 20th 2005, 03:02 AM, said:

Thanks for the replies...This one is perfect, thanks! The thread titled: Shortcuts, Right Clicks, Screenshots says this:

This sticky is a compilation of the different shortcuts and controls as they apply to Mac systems. Please feel free to add any additional shortcuts or keybinds that may apply. Please refrain from posting replies that offer preferences on remapping that are not required.

Screenshots:

F13 is the key to take a screenshot. Normally, this is not re-bindable, in the key bindings dialog.

Since powerbooks and ibooks do not have an F13 key, the best way to handle this is as follows:

1. In game, hit escape to bring up the main menu and click key bindings. Change any one of the key bindings. You cannot change the SCREENSHOT binding here, but if you make a change to any of the key bindings, then a file named bindings-cache.wtf will be created on your hard drive.

2. Quit the game.

3. Open the file named bindings-cache.txt inside the WTF folder (it will be in a sub folder with your account name) using TextEdit.

4. Add a line such as:
bind NUMPAD8 SCREENSHOT

5. Save the file. You're now good to go.

or

Screen shots can be bound to a key by typing the following.

/console BIND F9 SCREEENSHOT

This will bind screen shots to the F9 key.

What I did:
Since I've changed some of the key bindings in the game, I all ready had a file in my WTF folder but it's called "bindings-cache.wtf". I opened it with Text Edit and added this as the last line: "bind F12 SCREENSHOT" without the quotes. It works like a charm!!  :D

-Hunt'n

View Post

As mentioned eariler, Apple + shift + 3 also works right out of the box..

#7 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:00 PM

mudface, on October 21st 2005, 10:51 AM, said:

As mentioned eariler, Apple + shift + 3 also works right out of the box..

View Post

Action shots don't work well trying to control your character and pressing 3 buttons at once. A single button press is a better solution. :)

BTW for outstanding sceen shots, press Option-Z to get rid of the WoW interface prior to taking the shot.

-Hunt'n

#8 a2daj

a2daj

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:05 PM

I haven't tried it in awhile, but the built-in Mac OS screenshot feature suffered from vsync issues with WoW and a few other games.  You might get the results of 2 or 3 frames in one screenshot.
Dual 2.5 GHz G5-RADEON X800 -4 GB RAM-Revo 7.1
MBP 2.0GHz -Mobility RADEON X1600-2 GB RAM