No replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:43 AM

IGN recently posted a review of Black and White 2, developed by Lionhead Studios. Black and White 2 allows players to assume the role of a god vying for control of the world of Eden. Unlike the original, the sequel focues more on warfare, the AI system, and moral choices. IGN rated Black and White 2 and 8.8 out of 10. From the IGN article:

Personally, I didn't love the original Black and White as much as some others did. I certainly admired the basic concept and the core mechanics but there was something about the game that seemed a bit rough -- like it was hinting at some better game to come. And while I don't think that Black and White 2 is the best that it could be, it's certainly a step in the right direction. Using your preference for civic improvement or warfare as a determinant of alignment gives players a bit more latitude this time around. That you can manage being a god simply by using the mouse is commendable.
While Black and White 2 hasn't been announced Mac, the original Black and White was brought to the Mac by Feral Interactive, and still maintains a strong relationship with Lionhead Studios.

To read the review, click the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News