3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:59 AM

Blizzard recently announced the release of the latest game in the Warcraft franchise. This time the series steps out of the digital realm and onto the cardboard of a conventional board game. Created in partnership with Fantasy Flight Games, World of Warcraft: The Board Game is a tabletop fantasy adventure for 2-6 players, playable in 2-4 hours.

From the game's website:

Based on the popular World of Warcraft Massively Multiplayer Online Game from Blizzard Entertainment, World of Warcraft: the Board Game invites the players to choose from 16 characters, drawn from the eight races and nine character classes of the Warcraft universe, and take up arms for the glory of the Horde ... or the Alliance. Travel across Lordaeron, vanquish monsters, gain experience and power, and earn honor for your faction.

World of Warcraft: the Board Game is a team-based fantasy adventure. The Horde and the Alliance factions must compete to be the first to defeat the invincible Overlord be it the lich-king Kel'Thuzad, the dragon Nefarian, or the demon Kazzak or, failing that, to be the last faction standing when it comes to all-out war!
For more information about the game follow the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:35 AM

Board game?  I think I remember those.  Apparently, they don't involve computers, or even electricity?  Or am I imagining things again?

--Eric

#3 Morrigan

Morrigan

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:11 AM

$80, wow. I mean WoW. hey that's not bad though, only 6 months worth of online play :)

#4 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:04 AM

I think I remember those things, not well though, I think they use muscle power, or some blasphemous thing like that.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.