#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:59 AM

On the cell phone...

Okay, not quite as exciting. Gamespot recently posted that In-Fusio has secured a three-year deal with Microsoft for the cell phone rights to Halo universe. In-Fusio, who has been developing Microsoft cell phone games for the past year, announced they will be developing a range of Halo applications for North American carriers, with other regions to follow. From the Gamespot article:

Although In-Fusio would not officially confirm what kinds of Halo apps are in the offing, it did offer a few hints. According to the terms of the agreement, In-Fusio will be able to develop and publish "downloadable and embedded" mobile Halo products. This suggests that the company is working on a number of different types of content, such as games of various degrees of complexity, ringtones, screensavers, and wallpaper.
To read the entire article, click the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 gromit

gromit

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:11 AM

I'm not too terribly peeved that IMG posts news about other platforms that only tangentially relate to Mac gaming, but might I humbly request that IMG adopt the convention of specifying platform in the story titles?  It would make my visits here a bit less of an emotional roller coaster ride.

#3 Maestro

Maestro

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Steam Name:kgmoome

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:10 AM

gromit, on September 28th 2005, 09:11 AM, said:

I'm not too terribly peeved that IMG posts news about other platforms that only tangentially relate to Mac gaming, but might I humbly request that IMG adopt the convention of specifying platform in the story titles?  It would make my visits here a bit less of an emotional roller coaster ride.

View Post

IMG reports the news just fine for me.
Tortillas are sleeping bags for ground beef.

#4 Morrigan

Morrigan

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:15 AM

That was kind of annoying.

#5 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3513 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:28 AM

The IMG staff just take great pleasure in working our heartstrings like evil, twisted puppeteers.

#6 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:02 AM

When I saw that, I nearly had a heart attack.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#7 SilentBobCDN

SilentBobCDN

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:22 AM

So... IMG is Inside Mac games, but has fingers in everything else?

I couldn't care less about halo related items on a cell phone (not mine BTW, just a cell phone. probably one of those high end ones that cost over 200 bucks even with the discounts from having a 3 year contract). I do care about what games I can see coming down the pipe for my laptop.

If IMG intends on continuing posting 'Off-Topic' news, why not divide the news section into Mac Related and Everything Else? Or would that be asking too much

#8 Maestro

Maestro

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Steam Name:kgmoome

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:38 AM

SilentBobCDN, on September 28th 2005, 11:22 AM, said:

If IMG intends on continuing posting 'Off-Topic' news, why not divide the news section into Mac Related and Everything Else? Or would that be asking too much

View Post

Is it asking you too mch just to ignore off topic news? Are you that busy?
Tortillas are sleeping bags for ground beef.

#9 BBUCK

BBUCK

Fanatic

• IMG Writers
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:06 PM

Ah, I thought this article might cause some controversy.  This is Blake Buck, the writer of the article.  As for being off-topic, I'll agree it is a little bit of a stretch, but this website gets it's share of die-hard Halo fans who might find it interesting.

And yes, we like to screw with you guys every once in a while ;)

#10 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17568 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:03 PM

Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze let there be a Halo Universe port to Verizon so I can run this!!  (See?  This is JUST LIKE Mac platform news!)
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#11 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 03:50 PM

yeah, but you read the title and think "halo 3" then it turns out to be "halo mobile, and completely lacking in any confidence of a job well done by me"
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#12 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:10 PM

When I read the title I though "Oh those BSing reporters again." (Not the IMG ones)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.