4 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:05 AM

1up recently posted a preview of Stubbs the Zombie, developed by Wideload Games. Stubbs, created by a few ex-Bungie employees, puts players in control of a zombie horde, with the sole purpose of consuming flesh. From the 1up interview:

Co-op is set up in a simple fashion. One player takes control of Stubbs, while the other controls Grubbs -- a palette-swapped fellow who looks an awful lot like the star of the game. Both characters share the same attacks and controls, only really differing in their names and visual appearance. Utilizing the two, players will jump into a split-screen format and take on levels from Stubbs' single-player game.
Stubbs is currently slated for a Mac/PC/Xbox release sometime mid-October. To view the article, click the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 FunkyGumII

FunkyGumII

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:24 PM

jeez, this game is really being shoved down our throats...

the game probably isn't any good if its needed this much ad hype.

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17568 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:56 PM

Or it's so good that those who see it want to preview it.  I've been following all the previews and nobody has said anything bad about it other than minor criticisms.  The hype will stop soon anyway.  The game is almost out.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 macaddct1984

macaddct1984

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:41 PM

"mid-October"?

I know I had seen somewhere else that the date was October 1st? I want my Stubbs!!

#5 BBUCK

BBUCK

Fanatic

• IMG Writers
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:34 PM

macaddct1984, on September 27th 2005, 03:41 PM, said:

"mid-October"?

I know I had seen somewhere else that the date was October 1st? I want my Stubbs!!

View Post

Yeah, that was my bad.  I looked up the date on EB Games for yesterdays article, which currently lists it as the first, but everyone else (Gamestop, Amazon, Mac Game Store) is listing it in the middle of the month.  So I figured EB just has a bug in the system.

As for shoving it down your throats, I just bring you the news as I find it guys.  If it's a new hot game, it's got lots of news.