28 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 26 September 2005 - 08:28 AM

Gamespot recently posted an article announcing a two-player co-operative mode in Stubbs the Zombie. Stubbs, developed by Wideload Games, is a third person action game that puts players in control of a flesh eating zombie as he battles to consume all that is good in the world. Here's a clip from the article:

Even the undead can benefit from the buddy system in developer Wideload Games' upcoming eat-'em-up. Along with publisher Aspyr Media, Wideload today announced the inclusion of a two-player co-op mode in its upcoming Xbox game, Stubbs the Zombie. No longer will Stubbs have to combat the human menace on his own; now a second player can join in and step into the no-doubt-awful-smelling shoes of Grubbs the Zombie
While the article only refers to the Xbox version, we'll keep our fingers crossed that this mode will included in the Mac version as well. Stubbs is currently slated for a October 1st release.

For more information, click the links below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 rayden

rayden

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:15 AM

I really hope the Co-op mode will be released in the Mac/PC version but if I doubt it will. Lots of games that got Co-op on the console version didn't get it on the computer version. Doom 3, Halo, Return to Castle Woflenstein e.t.c, none of them got Co-op on the comp. version.

#3 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:23 AM

rayden, on September 26th 2005, 10:15 AM, said:

I really hope the Co-op mode will be released in the Mac/PC version but if I doubt it will. Lots of games that got Co-op on the console version didn't get it on the computer version. Doom 3, Halo, Return to Castle Woflenstein e.t.c, none of them got Co-op on the comp. version.

View Post

How would you play co-op on a single computer?   :huh:
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#4 converted2truth

converted2truth

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:55 AM

Let's hope there is some network capabilities like halo.  I will SOOoo buy this game if they include Co-Op!  That would  be awesome!  Right now all we have co-op on the Mac is CC:FTF (which is awesome too)
Mac Pro/2.66/2GB RAM/X1900/1.5TB & 250GB X partition/250GB XP partition/Dell 24" LCD
MBP CD2.0/2GB ram/100GB HD (20GB XP partition)/ATI X1600m

#5 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:32 AM

split screen with controllers?? or at least over a high speed LAN, 100Mbps airport extreme speeds minimum??? probably not over the internet, given that that was the main obstacle which  meant that halo didnt have coop on mac/pc. I would assume that there would be a hike in the specs needed for coop, say 2Ghz G5? or the like...
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#6 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:39 AM

Co-Op is only in the xbox version.  It's possible we might implement it later in a patch for the PC/Mac, but it's not in the shipping version.  

Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#7 rayden

rayden

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:46 AM

Whats the different between a deathmatch and a co-op gametype? You CAN even play Doom 3 Co-op with some modifications. Its just different maps.
Halo did not come without Co-op because some network limitation. They didn't implement it because they had to redo a major part of the game to get it to work as Halo Xbox only had splitscreen Co-op and the game was designed to only allow two persons. They would have to add start locations, extra vehicles e.t.c to get it to work with 16 players (and don't forget that you can join in mid game). I might be wrong though  ;)

Edit: God, I can't spell today

#8 NeverFade

NeverFade

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:59 PM

rayden, on September 26th 2005, 10:46 AM, said:

Whats the different between a deathmatch and a co-op gametype?

View Post

Co-op lets you play the game thru the levels and such and working as a team to beat the game. - deathmatch would just have you be on a team trying to kill the other team, not solving any parts of the game.

#9 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:34 PM

The iMac Man, on September 26th 2005, 08:23 AM, said:

How would you play co-op on a single computer?

One of the joys of modern computers is that you can hook up many devices to it, such as two gamepads, two mice, or two keyboards. Serious Sam managed split-screen coop, and it's furiously fast and fun even with a shared keyboard.

teflon, on September 26th 2005, 09:32 AM, said:

probably not over the internet, given that that was the main obstacle which  meant that halo didnt have coop on mac/pc

The problem isn't the internet, the problem was Bungie's co-op mode was a big hack (grafted onto the client-side single-player code) and their netcode wasn't very good even if they had done it properly. Quake 1, for counter-example, had OK netcode and treated singleplayer/co-op like any other game type.

#10 sillek

sillek

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:45 PM

converted2truth, on September 26th 2005, 07:55 AM, said:

Right now all we have co-op on the Mac is CC:FTF (which is awesome too)

View Post

What ?  Myth II is the king of co-op.

Also, the Tom Clancy games have co-op.  Rogue Spear, GhR, RvS, etc.

#11 George the Flea

George the Flea

IMG Comma Junkie

• IMG Writers
  • 680 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:59 PM

converted2truth, on September 26th 2005, 07:55 AM, said:

Right now all we have co-op on the Mac is CC:FTF

Plus a bunch of shareware games, but I presume you were only thinking of FPS games.
Ian
IMG Flunky

Me + web = Beckism.com | Tagamac | One Crayon

#12 rayden

rayden

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:07 PM

NeverFade, on September 26th 2005, 08:59 PM, said:

Co-op lets you play the game thru the levels and such and working as a team to beat the game. - deathmatch would just have you be on a team trying to kill the other team, not solving any parts of the game.

View Post

I know what Co-op is what I meant was, what is the different that would make it impossible to play Co-op through internet/LAN...

#13 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4334 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:11 PM

sillek, on September 26th 2005, 01:45 PM, said:

What ?  Myth II is the king of co-op.

View Post

No no no no... Marathon (et al) were the kings of Co-op ! =)

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#14 Maestro

Maestro

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Steam Name:kgmoome

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:13 PM

GlendaAdams, on September 26th 2005, 11:39 AM, said:

Co-Op is only in the xbox version.  It's possible we might implement it later in a patch for the PC/Mac, but it's not in the shipping version. 

Glenda

View Post

I would purchase the Macintosh version if it was possible to play some sort of multiplayer. Otherwise, I'm going to get the Xbox version.
Tortillas are sleeping bags for ground beef.

#15 sillek

sillek

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:27 PM

Frigidman, on September 26th 2005, 12:11 PM, said:

No no no no... Marathon (et al) were the kings of Co-op ! =)

View Post

Marathon is also the king of making me nauseous / motion sick / that sick "fast game" feeling.  It only took about five seconds of Marathon to get sick for about three hours.

Sorry for the OT.

#16 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:31 PM

Maestro, on September 26th 2005, 03:13 PM, said:

I would purchase the Macintosh version if it was possible to play some sort of multiplayer. Otherwise, I'm going to get the Xbox version.

View Post

There is no network multiplayer in any version of Stubbs.  Co-Op (two people on one xbox playing through the single player game in split screen) is supported on the xbox.

Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#17 NightCougar_37

NightCougar_37

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:24 PM

lol, thats just great. Again the Xbox gets the better modes. Just like Halo. They got COOP and we got regular. Reason for buying Stubbs...fading...fading...yet still somewhat there. It looks like a great title and all but with the promise of COOP going to the Xbox, lot less of a reason for me to buy the Mac version.

#18 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17568 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 06:32 PM

GlendaAdams, on September 26th 2005, 09:39 AM, said:

Co-Op is only in the xbox version.  It's possible we might implement it later in a patch for the PC/Mac, but it's not in the shipping version. 

Glenda

View Post

Would you be tweaking Halo's IP network code for PC/Mac co-op when you get around to it or will you concentrate only on LAN?  The internet would be the way to go for me.  Nobody likes sitting near me.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#19 Mac_d00d307

Mac_d00d307

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 07:10 PM

IMG News, on September 26th 2005, 07:28 AM, said:

now a second player can join in and step into the no-doubt-awful-smelling shoes of Grubbs the ZombieView Post
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Funny typo. I would love Co-Op on LAN play.
eMac 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4, 1 GB RAM, Radeon 9600, 150 GB HD Mac OS 10.4.7
iPod 5G 60 GB Black :D

Look if you dare...
Some serious ASCII Lovin'

#20 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 08:09 PM

Mac_d00d307, on September 26th 2005, 08:10 PM, said:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Funny typo.

What typo?  You got Stubbs, and you got Grubbs.  No typo there....

--Eric