5 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 September 2005 - 11:04 AM

Macologist recently posted a review of the Apple Mighty Mouse. For those who don't know, the Apple Mighty Mouse is the first ever two button mouse made by Apple, and features a scroll ball for 360 degree scrollling. From the Macologist review:

Taking the Mighty Mouse for a spin in Unreal Tournament 2004 was a frustrating experience. The vertical scrolling through weapons was acceptable, but failures of tactile feedback on multiple levels had the result that one was never confident in which clicks would actually register with the game. Shock rifle combos and rocket launcher spreads were now a cause for stress, with the frequent result of a misfire, and being fragged a split second later by the opponent.
To read the review, or to read IMG's recent review of the Mighty Mouse, click the links below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:37 PM

Not being able to right click without taking your finger off sucks. The side buttons suck, because they are one button and 'pressing' them does bupkiss as far as my fingers are concerned. The ball is worse for up/down than a click-wheel and OK for left/right, but the feel somehow reminds me of the way gauze digs into raw and slightly anaesthetized skin after a major scrape. Bigger texturized ball, actual buttons, distinct side buttons, better tracking and it'd be a nice mouse.

#3 Ari

Ari

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:43 PM

Reading all the crushing reviews makes you wonder didn't they even bother to test the mouse at Apple before releasing it?  And if they did, how on earth did they manage to miss all the flaws? :mellow:

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17568 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:08 PM

Maybe if it had a 40Gb hard drive and played music through ear buds people would buy it.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 03:59 PM

the Battle Cat, on September 21st 2005, 03:08 PM, said:

Maybe if it had a 40Gb hard drive and played music through ear buds people would buy it.

View Post

LOL!

Man, I wish I were at home with my Photoshop... I'd whip up a nice little pic of the new U2 Mighty Mouse!   :P
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#6 Morrigan

Morrigan

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 10:19 PM

It's a passable mouse for day to day use, but not good for gaming.