46 replies to this topic

#41 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:44 PM

Theirs 10 days left until it ships yet I don't see a demo on marketplace.
What is a man?

#42 griel

griel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:55 PM

The demo is getting alot of good responses. People are saying it is actually a good game for a change.

#43 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:45 PM

It's coming to marketplace today!  :happy:

Gamespot.com

Tomb Raider: Legend content on way to Marketplace; demo, trailer, themes, picture packs set to be available today.

Scheduled for release today is the game's demo, an exclusive trailer, and game-related themes and picture packs. It's unclear if the Xbox 360 demo is the same preview that was released for PC users. The picture pack will not only feature snapshots of the digital Lara Croft, but also of real-life Lara Croft promotional model Karima Adebibe. As of press time, the trailer was the only piece of new content ready for download.

What is a man?

#44 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:51 AM

Houston, we have a problem...

Tomb raider delayed in US because of breasts
Titter ye not

By Nick Farrell: Friday 07 April 2006, 11:46

THE US launch of Tomb Raider: Legend has been delayed because a couple of scenes accidentally had a pair of breasts in the background.

We all know that next to Saudi Arabia, America has a terrible fear of breasts, despite the fact that half of the population have got them and the other half would like a pair to play with. But to avoid a repeat of the Nipplegate crisis that gripped America, the game’s release has been delayed.

Apparently the game contains a chapter set in Tokyo, where several women are dancing in the distance. The animators had initially modeled all the women naked, so they could simply drape different dresses around them later. For the sake of completeness they gave them nipples, as you do.

Once the graphics were meshed over all was well and the game could be launched. However what the designers hadn’t realised is that some people have special software that can remove meshes to see what is behind them.

There is an example here. The makers of the game have already issued a patch so that all those who have gone to the extent of removing meshes from the software will not be offended and in the meanwhile the game will be delayed. µ
http://www.theinquir.../?article=30852

#45 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:28 PM

Wait a minute.  You can't see anything unless you have special software to purposefully remove meshes yet they still pulled the game?  That doesn't sound right.  Even more important, how are they going to stop us from using our imagination?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#46 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:20 PM

Very nice looking TR screen shots to be posted shortly from the iMac-o-games that my work iMac has become.

Posted now here ... http://www.insidemac...pic=24979&st=20

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#47 Mariner

Mariner

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:24 PM

It's always nice to see that I'm not the only one who overanalyzes things.

http://www.wired.com...?tw=wn_index_23

Though he ignores the mythological aspects which is, of course, the real reason anyone plays these games. right?

;-)