4 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:54 AM

Blizzard Entertainment recently posted that they will be hosting a World of Warcraft Movie Competition. The winners of the competition will have their movies played at BlizzCon, Blizzard's gaming convention on October 28th and 29th. From the Blizzard website:

We're proud to announce our official BlizzCon World of Warcraft Movie Competition, sponsored by NVIDIA! To enter, all you need to do is create a movie using in-game footage and combine it with music from any of our past games. We're accepting submissions beginning Thursday, September 8, which means you have plenty of time to create movie-magic! Five winners will receive an NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 Ultra, two tickets to BlizzCon, and much more. Details on how to submit your World of Warcraft movie will be announced when we begin accepting submissions. Good luck!
For more information on the contest or Blizzcon, click the links below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:05 AM

Cool, I'm gonna make a movie about a Korean couple who went off to play WoW at an internet cafe for 5 hours while their 4 month-old daughter laid alone at home to die.

What a great story....
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#3 Turtle

Turtle

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:17 PM

The iMac Man, on September 9th 2005, 08:05 AM, said:

Cool, I'm gonna make a movie about a Korean couple who went off to play WoW at an internet cafe for 5 hours while their 4 month-old daughter laid alone at home to die.

What a great story....

View Post

For the love of god man, the horse, it's dead, can we stop kicking the crap out of it? It's an MMO, everyone knows it's addictive, a digital crack to most people.

The "[insert chinese or korean] citizen has died" thing is ooooolllllld.

In other news, this contest like the others is a way to blizzard to shift focus from its slow and inconsistent patch cycle. The left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing or something to that effect.

And if blizzard charges 50 bucks for their expansion, I swear I will....complain a lot and cancel my subscription :P

#4 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 11:54 AM

Turtle, on September 9th 2005, 08:17 PM, said:

For the love of god man, the horse, it's dead, can we stop kicking the crap out of it?

View Post

No, because the horse is not dead.  China has gone as far as to limit the amount of time people can play MMOs online, and that is what it takes to kill the horse, for me.

Blizzard doing things like this movie competition is only feeding the addictive personalities of these WoW obsessed gamers.  It's not healthy and they need to stop encouraging such behavior.

I think it deserves to be said, whenever WoW is mentioned, that people are killing themselves and their babies obsessing over this game.

Maybe it's not a big deal to you, but it is to me.
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#5 Turtle

Turtle

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 12:35 PM

The iMac Man, on September 10th 2005, 09:54 AM, said:

No, because the horse is not dead.  China has gone as far as to limit the amount of time people can play MMOs online, and that is what it takes to kill the horse, for me.

Blizzard doing things like this movie competition is only feeding the addictive personalities of these WoW obsessed gamers.  It's not healthy and they need to stop encouraging such behavior.

I think it deserves to be said, whenever WoW is mentioned, that people are killing themselves and their babies obsessing over this game.

Maybe it's not a big deal to you, but it is to me.

View Post

I really don't know how to respond. A person with an addiction problem will get addicted to something eventually, be it an MMO, Alcohol, weed, crack, caffeine or prescription medication.

I think penny arcade described it best one day, can't recall it exactly, but MMO's are designed to feed off repetition, itemization (better gear you have the more powerful you are). Sadly every MMO is this way, far as I can tell. Perhaps I just made the case against me, but I dont think its blizzards fault. If it wasn't World of Warcraft it would be Everquest 1 and 2 or lineage or star wars. WoW is just the flavor of the year.

And to be honest WoW isn't my kind of game, it just happens to be the best game on the market at the moment. When the new Zelda comes out I am going to drop WoW faster then you can say "OMFGANEWZELDA!!11!" :)