54 replies to this topic

#21 cactusjoe

cactusjoe

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:52 AM

Yes, once you get all 17 pieces for the last ship, the 4th door opens up and it's taking a long time. Becoming a Jedi Master in the later levels is a little harder as there are less single blue studs in the levels and you need to collect each one in some levels in order to make it.

#22 AndrewWickliffe

AndrewWickliffe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 01:48 PM

If anyone has any insight on how to beat the pod race in Episode I (I've already completed Episode II and III, so it's frustrating), please LMK

I'm running it on my iBook 14 inch, 1.42, 768 ram. It runs fine, except when the screen goes momentarily crazy during a vehicle scene...

I assume that's the video card just having enough ram.

#23 Mandrake628

Mandrake628

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 02:31 PM

Just keep trying, be persistant.  There is a way.  Anyways, if you don't want to try finding it through 2 hours of gameplay, there are a bunch of guides all over the 'net.

Mandrake628

#24 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 04:48 PM

AndrewWickliffe, on September 10th 2005, 02:48 PM, said:

If anyone has any insight on how to beat the pod race in Episode I (I've already completed Episode II and III, so it's frustrating), please LMK

I'm running it on my iBook 14 inch, 1.42, 768 ram. It runs fine, except when the screen goes momentarily crazy during a vehicle scene...

I assume that's the video card just having enough ram.

View Post

Heh, oddly enough that was the one level that gave me fits.
Just keep at it...hit as many of those green speed up pods as you possibly can and then do your best to keep from hitting walls and obstacles.  Hold down the accelerate key (k) and only let off if you're in danger of hitting a cavern wall.  
3 laps of this madness, so you just have to keep trying.

#25 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:42 PM

Listen to these idiots not young Skywalker.  Listening to the Force you should be.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#26 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 03:53 AM

I unlocked the fourth door! :D
But I have to say it was dissapointingly short. Though the end does make you think... ;)
The official Inside Mac Games forum Space Pirate Killer.

#27 cactusjoe

cactusjoe

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 05:31 PM

Space_Pirate_Killer, on September 11th 2005, 04:53 AM, said:

I unlocked the fourth door! :D
But I have to say it was dissapointingly short. Though the end does make you think... ;)

View Post

Well, I think the last line of the level says it all.... :)

#28 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:30 AM

cactusjoe, on September 11th 2005, 04:31 PM, said:

Well, I think the last line of the level says it all.... :)

View Post

Thats what I was talking about.
:) I've also now unlocked all the characters. General Grievous is worth the price, especially if you give him a moustache.

#29 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:21 PM

MacProject, on September 6th 2005, 12:29 PM, said:

Just curious how well the Mac version plays. 
How's the performance?

Just got it today, and the performance on my 2.5GHz G5 + X800 is flawless, as one might hope.  Was amused that the manual says the game "automatically adjusts the video options to suit your Mac's processor and video card"...so it put everything on low.  Hmm.  :)  Needless to say I maxed everything out.  ...Except it really doesn't like FSAA at all.  Darn it Aspyr, first Homeworld 2 and now this!  Stop it!  FSAA is a good thing...the lack is quite noticeable even at 1600x1200, especially in this game with its abundance of clean lines and hard edges.

Oh well.  The game itself is great...good to see Travellers Tales haven't lost their edge.  (I think the last game of theirs I played was Leander on the Amiga, which was also great for the time.  Speaking of nostalgia, cool to see David Whittaker in the credits in the manual...still doing video game music after all these years...he along with Rob Hubbard were famous C64 musicians.)  Definitely better with a gamepad; no issues with my Rumblepad 2.

--Eric

#30 The Mail Man

The Mail Man

Purdy Mouf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:28 PM

WHY did this game see  the light of day and Men of Valor was canceled. Legos over Vietnam. Sad day it is. For god sake I had building blocks and legos when I was a kid but we did something else with them.......we built stuff! Thats right kiddies we used our imagination! How lazy have we become when our kids play video games about building blocks. Men of Valor could have opened my little girls eyes to what her grandfather endured for his country men and kinda show her the human side of things rather than a history book. But noooooooo instead her mind is being melted by Sponge Bob and freakin "Star Wars Lego" BS. God I hate the fact this game even exists. Next thing you know they will have a game of catch with your dad or skinny dippin with the girl next door. I sound like an old man but I am only 27! Legos video game? I can hear my little girl now....daddy daddy I want Legos! sure honey let me pop in the disk. Ok now honey let the computer do all the creating and just let your brain turn to mush! I just wish I could meet the jerk off who thought of this game! Legos do not belong on my damn laptop! They belong in the middle of my living room were I can step on them at 3am!
The Mail Man Cometh!

Always remember the following:

1. Lock em, Cock em, and Rock em!

2. Everyone hates a Redneck until their car breaks down.

3. REDNECKS: AMERICAS PITBULLS!

#31 cactusjoe

cactusjoe

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:31 PM

The Mail Man, on September 17th 2005, 11:28 PM, said:

WHY did this game see  the light of day and Men of Valor was canceled. Legos over Vietnam. Sad day it is. For god sake I had building blocks and legos when I was a kid but we did something else with them.......we built stuff! Thats right kiddies we used our imagination! How lazy have we become when our kids play video games about building blocks. Men of Valor could have opened my little girls eyes to what her grandfather endured for his country men and kinda show her the human side of things rather than a history book. But noooooooo instead her mind is being melted by Sponge Bob and freakin "Star Wars Lego" BS. God I hate the fact this game even exists. Next thing you know they will have a game of catch with your dad or skinny dippin with the girl next door. I sound like an old man but I am only 27! Legos video game? I can hear my little girl now....daddy daddy I want Legos! sure honey let me pop in the disk. Ok now honey let the computer do all the creating and just let your brain turn to mush! I just wish I could meet the jerk off who thought of this game! Legos do not belong on my damn laptop! They belong in the middle of my living room were I can step on them at 3am!

View Post

I wish I had the time back i spent reading this last post.

#32 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:03 AM

The Mail Man, on September 17th 2005, 11:28 PM, said:

WHY did this game see  the light of day and Men of Valor was canceled.
etc. etc.

Man, do you need some medication or something?  ;)  Seriously, I'd 10x rather play this than Men of Flippin' Valor.  It's a real game.  It's a fun game.  It's entertaining as heck.  It's WAY better than FPS #679 on every conceivable level.  No, I'm not kidding.

--Eric

#33 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 03:06 AM

The Mail Man, on September 17th 2005, 09:28 PM, said:

WHY did this game see  the light of day and Men of Valor was canceled. Legos over Vietnam. Sad day it is. For god sake I had building blocks and legos when I was a kid but we did something else with them.......we built stuff! Thats right kiddies we used our imagination! How lazy have we become when our kids play video games about building blocks. Men of Valor could have opened my little girls eyes to what her grandfather endured for his country men and kinda show her the human side of things rather than a history book. But noooooooo instead her mind is being melted by Sponge Bob and freakin "Star Wars Lego" BS. God I hate the fact this game even exists. Next thing you know they will have a game of catch with your dad or skinny dippin with the girl next door. I sound like an old man but I am only 27! Legos video game? I can hear my little girl now....daddy daddy I want Legos! sure honey let me pop in the disk. Ok now honey let the computer do all the creating and just let your brain turn to mush! I just wish I could meet the jerk off who thought of this game! Legos do not belong on my damn laptop! They belong in the middle of my living room were I can step on them at 3am!

View Post

The game actually doesn't have much to do with Lego. Except dismantling stuff and putting it back together with the force. In some levels you hardly even notice its LEGO, especialy the first level of Episode III.

#34 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:18 AM

The Mail Man, on September 17th 2005, 08:28 PM, said:

[snickt] ...her mind is being melted by Sponge Bob

View Post

I don't know it this is going to help or hurt, but Sponge Bob was instrumental in the defense of Tau Ceti when the Pfhor Slavers arrived.  Here is a link to the opening scenes of the movie they are making.

And I really hate to ruin a perfectly good rant Mail Man, but LEGO Star Wars is a regular Star Wars game that looks like everything was built with LEGOs.  There was a Myth plugin in the same vein a while back.  It isn't a program where one builds things or has them built for you out of virtual LEGOs.  So anyway this is the part where you assume the role of Roseanne Roseannadanna and say, "Oh... neeeeeeever mind!".
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#35 Mandrake628

Mandrake628

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 03:49 PM

Have you even read the reviews for Men of Valor?  It has an average of 6.9, while Lego Star Wars has an average of 8.1.  Also, Lego Star Wars is a much more original game.  

Would you really want a run-of-the-mill FPS instead of an original action/platformer that is much better?  

Mandrake628

#36 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:21 PM

While I do think Lego Star Wars is a pretty cool game, I see where Mail Man is coming from...

Look at it this way...

How many Star Wars games do we have on the Mac?

How many Vietnam games do we have on the Mac?

....'nuff said.
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#37 Mandrake628

Mandrake628

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 06:40 PM

So you would rather have a bad Vietnam game than a good Star Wars game?  

How many Lego games do we have?  

How many action/platforming games do we have?

Mandrake628

#38 The Mail Man

The Mail Man

Purdy Mouf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:18 PM

the Battle Cat, on September 18th 2005, 11:18 AM, said:

I don't know it this is going to help or hurt, but Sponge Bob was instrumental in the defense of Tau Ceti when the Pfhor Slavers arrived.  Here is a link to the opening scenes of the movie they are making.

And I really hate to ruin a perfectly good rant Mail Man, but LEGO Star Wars is a regular Star Wars game that looks like everything was built with LEGOs.  There was a Myth plugin in the same vein a while back.  It isn't a program where one builds things or has them built for you out of virtual LEGOs.  So anyway this is the part where you assume the role of Roseanne Roseannadanna and say, "Oh... neeeeeeever mind!".

View Post

I know what the game is about but how many damn star war games do you need? Its the same damn plot over and over again but now in Legos! Lets all just give Lucas more money. I know you dont build anything in the Lego game. Thats kinda my point. Everything is built for you!!!! Legos are for kids to learn and let their imagination grow. So lets make a game on a plot everyone knows by their 4 birthday only now do it in Legos! WOW how original. I cant wait for Plato Star Wars or Erector Set Star Wars. Maybe Yoda will be a bad guy this time........ Come on guys I have Men of Valor and its a great game it wasnt a "Run of the mill" FPS. Its something more human and it kinda shows a part of history no one talks about. But by all means give Lucas more of you hard earned money. Listen Legos Star Wars maybe a great game but Its the principle of the thing. Not only is it leading to yet more pop culture taking over intellect but it caused Men of Valor to be canceled. Its a real waste. You guys dont know what your missing.
The Mail Man Cometh!

#39 Mandrake628

Mandrake628

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 08:35 PM

It's not much better with FPS's.  Same gameplay over and over again, with different plots.  Men of Valor wasn't even a good FPS.

If you want to learn more about said part of history, I suggest you do some reading, instead of playing a game.

Mandrake628

#40 The Mail Man

The Mail Man

Purdy Mouf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 09:05 PM

Mandrake628, on September 18th 2005, 09:35 PM, said:

It's not much better with FPS's.  Same gameplay over and over again, with different plots.  Men of Valor wasn't even a good FPS.

If you want to learn more about said part of history, I suggest you do some reading, instead of playing a game.

Mandrake628

View Post

This could go on forever. Your not understanding what I am saying. YES you should read. YES its an FPS. But thats not the point I am trying to make here. My little girl can read all day long about history and never understand what really is going on. Video games can give her a little idea of what happened and peoples reaction to said situation. Was Men of Valor a good game? I found it very fun. It truly wasn't a cut and dry FPS. You didn't know who was shooting at you 90% of the time. No ammo. No health. It gave you a great feeling of helplessness. Its just a matter of taste when it comes to a game like that. I think most people didn't like it because they didn't understand what was going on half the time. Let me guess what happens in Star Wars? Oh wait EVERYBODY KNOWS! but now in LEGOS! Great! Heres yet another 50 bucks Mr. Lucas
The Mail Man Cometh!