3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:48 AM

1UP recently interviewed Uwe Boll, the infamous film director of game to film adaptation movies such as Alone in the Dark. In this interview, Uwe Boll talks about his latest projects, the Dungeon Seige and BloodRayne movies. In addition, he discusses other film deals, gaming, and responds to crititism from fans. Below is a selected excerpt from the article.

1UP: Why Dungeon Siege as your next project?

Uwe Boll: Because let's say after House of the Dead I was not convinced that I should stay the whole time with horror movies so I don't want to make one horror movie after that, House of the Dead was one and Alone in the Dark was more sci-fi/action thriller, BloodRayne is a vampire movie, kind of an epic vampire movie, and to do something else more fantasy epic, I thought it would be quite interesting. A lot of people are making the mistake to say these video game based movies are all horror, but...
Please follow the links below to view the entire interview or to learn more information.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:31 AM

Christ, why do they keep giving this asshole the right to game based movies, it's obvious that he doesn't care popsnizzle about the original story, just gets some retards to make a story that ends up being connected only in name and not content. He also can't direct movies worth popsnizzle as evident by the ratings his movies have been getting and now he's going to fire truck up more video game names with his popsnizzlety work, Bloodrayne, Dungeon Siege, Fear Effect and FarCry. He's also doing Hunter The Reckoning but the game was popsnizzle anyway and had no story to speak off....

But no Uwe Boll continues his venture to destroying perfectly good game franchises. When will that prick finally realize that the game world does not approve of his catastrophic ventures into gameverse.

And what's with 1UP anyway, that article title ("Uwe Boll - Man, Myth, Legend ") was obviously forced by a lot of money since no self respecting human being could write that with out stabbing themselves in the heart repeatedly..

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4416 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 September 2005 - 11:46 AM

I would just have to agree with you on that. Profanity aside though... heh.

I can't add much, as you pretty much covered what we all are thinking in respect to the disrespectful idiot.

Man: very vaguely, but I guess he is human...
Myth: what drives this imbecile to do such crappy work?
Legend: a legend as in a bad person who is infamous in his drive to be the biggest dip.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 Fat Bastard Canada

Fat Bastard Canada

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 12:29 AM

For the longest time there was a www.uweboll.com website up that was a simple white page that read:

"Dr Uwe Bolll... please stop making movies."

He must have threatened legal action 'cause that site isn't accessible anymore.