5 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:03 AM

Finally, the official Myst V: End of Ages website is now fully functional. Over the last few months, UbiSoft has been preparing for the launch of the final Myst game. The official website includes more information about the upcoming game, screenshots, forums, and much more. Also, if you complete four puzzles which are located in the menu tab, you are able to gain access to a bonus section of the website.

Myst V is scheduled for release on September 20. The limited edition Mac version of Myst V: End of Ages is available for pre-order through Macgamestore.com for $59.95.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Lectrick

Lectrick

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:41 PM

Cyan closed its doors yesterday and laid everyone off. FYI

#3 loneAzdgari

loneAzdgari

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 1278 posts
  • Location:That layer of crap on the floor after a house party

Posted 04 September 2005 - 12:33 AM

http://www.joystiq.c...34000107057279/

Yeah, sorta ironic that the main news story here is about how they're progressing with Myst V. I was really shocked when I read the news, it felt a little like when Bungie got bought out by MS.

Anyway, it seems they'll still be releasing Myst V, they haven't completely gone.

#4 Mandrake628

Mandrake628

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 08:30 AM

I thought that was the whole plan.  "Complete the Myst series and disband."

Mandrake628

#5 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 08:59 AM

Mandrake628, on September 4th 2005, 09:30 AM, said:

I thought that was the whole plan.  "Complete the Myst series and disband."

Did you read the link?  They couldn't get funding for future projects.  (Sounds pretty much like what happened to Presto Studios...no funding for more games, even though Journeyman Project 3 did OK.)  Obviously they don't have the cash to finance another game themselves (because of Uru?) and they can't sit around and wait to see how well Myst 5 does.  Games are sooo expensive these days....  As for intentionally disbanding, that was my first thought when I heard about this, but it would be pretty irresponsible to lay off everyone on a whim like that.  Reading some stuff elsewhere, I don't get the impression that the employees were expecting it.

--Eric

#6 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17659 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:36 AM

But but but... this is Cyan!  Couldn't they just open The Book and erase Chapter 11 and rewrite it as the Cyan Age, filling it with haunting music, gorgeous graphics and recreating it as the most successful game company in the galaxy?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat