6 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:29 PM

With the upcoming release of the final chapter in the MYST game series, IMG wants to poll just how many visitors have been with the game from the start, or simply were never interested.

Further voice your standing with respect to MYST in the IMG Forum.

IMG Polls can be reached through the link below, and always from the navigation button to the left of the page.

Stay tuned to IMG Polls, as many more have been queued up for the coming months!
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 woxel1

woxel1

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:27 PM

Cyan best be carbonizing Myst and Riven, or Mac users are gonna be a hurtin' pretty soon.

That said, here's hoping that Myst V actually runs decently on a wide spectrum of computers (as opposed to running as poorly as it does for me in the demo).

#3 NAG

NAG

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:35 PM

I lost interest with the series after they started getting all pc-centric.
"You call *this* archaeology?" • Professor Henry Jones

#4 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3513 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:00 PM

woxel1, on September 2nd 2005, 05:27 AM, said:

Cyan best be carbonizing Myst and Riven, or Mac users are gonna be a hurtin' pretty soon.

View Post

That could be a little tricky given that Myst was made in HyperCard. (I was very impressed by that when it came out. And I loved Cyan's earlier work with HyperCard like The Manhole,  Cosmic Osmo, and Spelunx.) Anyway, we already have RealMyst. How about RealRiven?

#5 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4334 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:03 PM

Now realRiven would be quite awesome and I would buy it(!), because I can't get my original Riven to run on my machine anymore for some reason. realMyst was actually 'better looking' than the original Myst game.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#6 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:22 PM

Frigidman, on September 1st 2005, 09:03 PM, said:

Now realRiven would be quite awesome and I would buy it(!), because I can't get my original Riven to run on my machine anymore for some reason.

Works fine here.  (Dual 2.5 G5, 10.3.7.)  Only thing is, the dissolving between scenes doesn't work, or possibly it does but it's so fast you can't see it.  Hardly a game-killer in any case.

--Eric

#7 RiscIt

RiscIt

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 09:57 AM

I can't get my original Riven to run on my machine anymore for some reason

Don't feel bad.. it's a pain in the behind to get the windows version running under XP too, having to run it in compatibility mode and editing a config file.