No replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:00 AM

Macteens has posted a review of Sillysoft's Lux: The Game Of Universal Domination. Based on the classic board game Risk, Lux features online competition, a plethora of maps, and a variety of new game play styles.

The best part of the game, in my opinion, is the maps: many, many, many maps, many different kinds, styles, sizes, and flavors. Ok, maybe not flavors, but if you lick your monitor there’s a chance it could taste good. Go ahead, try it. You know you want to. Anyway, there are over 300 downloadable maps as of right now, and more are added each week. There are even variations on RISK with themes such as castles, states, and even baseball stadiums. Why say, “I want to control the world!” when you can say, “I want to control Canada, eh!” And, if you can’t find a map that you enjoy, you can go suck an, uh, I mean you can make your own map, or you can use a map randomizer which creates a random map specifically for your personal use. There is a great, easy-to-follow guide to map-making on the sillysoft website.
Macteens gave the game 4 out of 5 stars. For the full review click the link below. To learn more about Lux, head on over to Sillysoft's website. The demo can be downloaded from Macgamefiles.com
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News