3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:02 PM

If you have Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, then you can check the latest IMG news headlines with our new Dashboard widget. Simply download the file, extract the .zip file by double clicking on it, then double click on the widget to install it. It's that easy.

To download the widget, head over to Macgamefiles.com.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Siriusfox

Siriusfox

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Steam Name:opensiriusfox

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:39 PM

If you try to install it via, double click in 10.4.2, it says that it is the same as the countdown widget.

If you manually install it to your library widgets folder, then it works fine.

I just think it would be more convenient if it was resizable or collapsable. Also, if we leave the mouse to wait we got the first little bit of the article like on other RSS widgets.
20'' iMac Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 10.6.5, 2GB RAM, 256MB ATI X1600

"Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog." -Doug Larson

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:56 PM

Installed perfectly for me, but then I don't have the countdown widget.  What do you mean by "leave the mouse to wait"?  Maybe I can verify it as a problem in 10.4.2.  I haven't experienced any problems with it yet.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 Siriusfox

Siriusfox

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Steam Name:opensiriusfox

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:30 PM

In 10.4.2 was the first time that a non-admin account didn't have to manually install widgets. So if I do it automatically it trashes the other. But by hand still works.

By leaving the mouse, I mean have it sit idle over the text for a few seconds then the little yellow box with text pops open with some text in it. Then when you move the mouse the text goes away.
Like in RSSBean.

(This is the Countdown Widget I use)
20'' iMac Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 10.6.5, 2GB RAM, 256MB ATI X1600

"Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog." -Doug Larson