#1 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Joo

• Admin
  • 3016 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

After some thought, and watching the flow and dynamics of news articles, member postings, and topics overall, we decided on a new method to handle this situation. This new method, we hope, will make things a lot nicer and friendlier to all.

IMG News forum is for commenting on the specific news articles. Members wishing to discuss the topic in-depth can feel free to start a new topic in the proper forum. Any prior made topic before a news article comes out, is fine for continuing discussion as normal, no need to jump tracks into the news article topic.

The main reason we see this being a better deal, is because many times news articles are followups of prior articles, updates, or repeats even. Having to try to restrict all discussion about the issue at hand into a single news topic, just seems silly. For on-going long term discussions of specific issues and items, they can have their own topic in the proper sub forums provided.

Unfortunately nothing can be done about news topics showing up in the "View New Posts" listing. However, we see it as an opportunity to spur ideas and comments, and also get people talking about important topics. We will no longer require you to do all that inside news article topics.

If a hot thread is going on about a specific topic that a news article covers, feel free to post a link to the thread into the news comment topic. That way those interested in continuing the talk, can do so in the consolidated and on-going topic at hand.

We hope this will sit well with most everyone. Thank you for you patience in these transition times.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 Mandrake628

Mandrake628

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:53 PM

Thank you!  I was getting so frustrated with the new restrictions.

Mandrake628

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15803 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:36 PM

See?  We're flexible!  Now... OBEY this new edict or die on the rack from the death of a thousand cuts!!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat