Sims 2 Uncensored, work for anyone? Game Freezes.

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:20 PM

A week isn't long enough to truly get used to it.

...what was this thread about?   :blush:
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#42 jowens121

jowens121

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:18 PM

The iMac Man, on June 27th 2005, 06:20 PM, said:

...what was this thread about?   :blush:

View Post

...hmm.  Originally I think this thread was about our daily struggle to try and find a sociatal balance between our materialistic and metaphysical needs.  Or something.    :blink:

#43 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:18 AM

jowens121, on June 27th 2005, 09:18 PM, said:

...hmm.  Originally I think this thread was about our daily struggle to try and find a sociatal balance between our materialistic and metaphysical needs.  Or something.    :blink:

I thought it was about peeping at simulated naked people, no? :o

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#44 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:24 AM

You hit the nail on the head.
Not that kind.
The official Inside Mac Games forum Space Pirate Killer.

#45 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:21 PM

Hahahaha, all the ruckus over the "hot coffee" mod for GTA:SA, now they are going after Sims 2 for the nudity, and possible use as a pedophile training tool!  I think this guy just might be a tad bit insane....

http://www.gamespot....ws_6129609.html

....sigh.... I hope EA tears this guy a new one....
-iMac

Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

#46 luws

luws

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:46 PM

Uh oh, I wonder if this is why the patch isn't out yet...... it was supposed to fix the cheats. And it should've been ready by now.

Sheesh, what a lunatic. Even without the blur, sims are made like Barbie dolls. Are dolls going to become adult-only too>

#47 Drinniol

Drinniol

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1153 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:50 PM

Oh my. Someone should snipe that guy, then claim politics made him do it, and we'll move for a ban on all politics to people over 18.
"If a bunch of actual adults suddenly found themselves trapped in high school, the first thing they'd do is form a union and renegotiate all the rules with the administration." Paul Walker

#48 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 09:18 AM

That lawyer is what is known as a "busybody".  The way he reads the very worst into everything is laughable.  He probably has an extremely low opinion of humanity in general.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#49 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:48 AM

Apparently he's "on a roll".

I think that means he's obese.
The official Inside Mac Games forum Space Pirate Killer.

#50 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:13 AM

Space_Pirate_Killer, on July 24th 2005, 06:48 AM, said:

View Post

If that were all it was we'd be better off. Nice lighthearted try, tho.

the Battle Cat, on July 23rd 2005, 10:18 AM, said:

That lawyer is what is known as a "busybody".  The way he reads the very worst into everything is laughable.  He probably has an extremely low opinion of humanity in general.

View Post

Closer but still not there. Google has quite a bit on Jack Thompson. The reading comes in somewhere between amusing and unsettling.

This probably suffices...

Videogame Cases

In 1999 he filed a $130 million federal products liability lawsuit against several entertainment companies on behalf of the parents of victims of the 1997 Paducah schoolhouse shootings. These included the producers and distributors of the movie The Basketball Diaries, Internet sex website operators and a variety of video game producers. The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals dismissed the case in 2002.

Despite the failure of the Paducah lawsuit, Thompson has continued to pursue in court the makers of violent video games. For example, he has attempted to link the Columbine High School massacre and the Washington Sniper to first-person shooters, in the latter making various claims regarding God mode and the zoom function of Halo's sniper rifle and pistol. He has frequently attacked Rockstar, linking Rockstar North's Manhunt game and Grand Theft Auto series to a wide variety of murders, particularly those involving vehicles or weapons other than firearms.

As well as propagating the "video games made me do it" defense, Thompson has also attempted to predict which violent crimes will be caused by specific videogames; in the Washington Sniper case, he was the first individual to suggest to the press that videogames may have been the source of the sniper's skills, a belief vindicated by the discovery of a ubiquitous PlayStation in the van used as a "mobile hideout" by the sniper. Note however that the sniper was a former soldier with formidable rifle training, as predicted by the police. He also proactively linked Grand Theft Auto 3 to violent crime in general, although he failed to do so in the case of Manhunt.

In one[5] of a series ([6], [7], [8]) of "videogame violence" interviews by CBS, he compared Doug Lowenstein of the Entertainment Software Association to Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels, although the response has since been edited[9]. Months thereafter, Thompson instead compared Lowenstein to Adolf Hitler, in a wordy personal attack nominally veiled as an open letter[10]. In the June 2005 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, Thompson was interviewed and again discussed Lowenstein, this time implying he was worse than Saddam Hussein. In July 2005, Thompson released the aforementioned open letter, simultaneously praising Hillary Clinton's call for federal game legislation and targeting Lowenstein with yet another barrage of ad hominem attacks.
Etc.

http://en.wikipedia....pson_(attorney)

#51 K7own

K7own

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:52 AM

I sent this guy an email, can't wait to see what he writes back...
I hear it should read something like this:

----------------
Dear sir,

You are a mentally ill retarded crack head on drugs who has turrets syndrome. Nah, nah, nah, Mr. Poopie Pants.  There is something wrong with you if you disagree with me.

Sincerely,
Jack Thompson

----------------

... then when you write back he takes some kinda legal action through some sort of cyberstalker law...

Check out his entry in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia....pson_(attorney)

PS - I predicted this last week but battlecat deleted my post in order to prevent a boring political discussion.

That is all

#52 Shagz

Shagz

Heroic

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:04 AM

Space_Pirate_Killer, on July 24th 2005, 05:48 AM, said:

View Post

No, it means he's the new sub sandwich at Subway.  You can have him toasted or untoasted.  Cheese is extra since this guy is already pretty cheesy to begin with.
Sometimes I go into my own little world,
       but that's OK....they know me there!

#53 Hippieman

Hippieman

Freeverse Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:46 PM

On another forum I frequent, one of the Maxis guys commented on this wacko's threat against The Sims 2 and EA.

Basically he assured everyone with Developer images of the pixelated bit removed, and what you have are basically barbie dolls.  Sorry no naughty bits (think the Angel from Dogma).

As for the cheat, he also commented on how its not really supported (and he was speaking on the PC side of things).  Thusly he wouldn't go into it, but its not an official "cheat code" according to Maxis.

Now I'll finish all of this with the whole, his comments do not reflect EA, or Maxis, but he was angry about the threatening.
Marathon: Durandal
The Ultimate Marathon experience
Reverof Nohtaram

#54 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:53 PM

Hippieman, on July 26th 2005, 04:46 PM, said:

Basically he assured everyone with Developer images of the pixelated bit removed, and what you have are basically barbie dolls.  Sorry no naughty bits (think the Angel from Dogma).

View Post

Exactly.  If they were to ban Sims 2, or make it Adults Only, they'd have to do the same with all dolls and manakins!

Also, he says the Sims 2 can be used for "pedophile training"...

What what what!?  How in the world does he come to that conclusion!?
-iMac

Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

#55 Abecedaria

Abecedaria

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:36 PM

joefox, on June 20th 2005, 09:03 PM, said:

This is not something that should be discussed on this forum. You should not be discussing how to look at dirty pictures at a public forum.

View Post

Ah you poor repressed souls. You realize that in Europe, looking at nude digital cartoons taking bath would be about as offensive as air.  

Of course, in some middle eastern countries, you'd get your click finger cut off.

Sometimes it's so tragic being an American. **sigh**

abc
"THIS is Ceti-alpha 5!"
| 17" MacBook Pro | Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz | 2GB RAM | Radeon Mobility x1600 256MB |
| Boot Camp Windows XP Config: ATI Driver - DHzer0point Catalyst 0.69 | Current overclock: 475 - 475 (stock) |

#56 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:14 PM

The iMac Man, on July 26th 2005, 04:53 PM, said:

What what what!?  How in the world does he come to that conclusion!?

Probably because that's what he would do.  The guy's mind is obviously diseased.

--Eric

#57 K7own

K7own

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:32 PM

After the 8/4/05 patch -

Well the code doesn't work when set to 0 it looks like the same old blur. At least it doesn't make the game lock up.

This probably has something to do with Aspyr wanting to save their own butts from being roasted by that crazy lawyer from Miami who managed to get GTA slapped with an AO rating.

#58 NeverFade

NeverFade

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:01 PM

K7own, on August 4th 2005, 04:32 PM, said:

After the 8/4/05 patch -

Well the code doesn't work when set to 0 it looks like the same old blur. At least it doesn't make the game lock up.

This probably has something to do with Aspyr wanting to save their own butts from being roasted by that crazy lawyer from Miami who managed to get GTA slapped with an AO rating.

View Post

This is dumb.  This was in the original PC game, but us Mac gamers cannot get the true full version of the game.  On Apple's site, when S2 was first released they mentioned the cheat about removing the sensors, now they don't.

http://www.apple.com...ndex3.html#tips

This is another reason why, if you want to play a game in it's orignal form, you must have a PC and not wait for some company to attempt to do it, and have it come over half-ass.

#59 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:21 PM

NeverFade, on August 10th 2005, 01:01 PM, said:

This is dumb.  This was in the original PC game, but us Mac gamers cannot get the true full version of the game.  On Apple's site, when S2 was first released they mentioned the cheat about removing the sensors, now they don't.

http://www.apple.com...ndex3.html#tips

This is another reason why, if you want to play a game in it's orignal form, you must have a PC and not wait for some company to attempt to do it, and have it come over half-ass.

View Post

I'd have to agree.

A port should be an exact copy.

If they remove stuff for the Mac port, that is sort of like a translater rewriting/rewording whatever it is they are translating.
-iMac

Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

#60 DvdBengals

DvdBengals

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:57 PM

The iMac Man, on August 10th 2005, 02:21 PM, said:

I'd have to agree.

A port should be an exact copy.

If they remove stuff for the Mac port, that is sort of like a translater rewriting/rewording whatever it is they are translating.

View Post

The only time a feature should truly be removed in a port is if they cannot fix it and it's a small feature that people won't miss.