Sims 2 Uncensored, work for anyone? Game Freezes.

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#21 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:30 PM

DaveG, on June 24th 2005, 11:30 AM, said:

Don't believe me? I'm sure at least one of the developers "private builds" already has this bug squashed! ;)

Don't you mean "private parts build"?
:D

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#22 Crat

Crat

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:26 PM

GlendaAdams, on June 24th 2005, 11:36 AM, said:

We didn't remove any cheats on purpose.  They just weren't the focus of our testing (we test the official features of the game first).  We'll look at fixing some of the more popular cheats as we look at future patches.  Even though they aren't official features, just like user downloads and mods we do our best to make them work. 

Glenda

View Post

thank you.  It's nice to know that even with the massive growth of Aspyr into the non-Mac world, there are still people there that listen to us die-hards.
Of course, with as good a port as this has been  :) , I'm not expecting a patch any time soon  :( .
Thanks again,
Eric

#23 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17373 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

DaveG, on June 24th 2005, 08:30 AM, said:

Don't believe me? I'm sure at least one of the developers "private builds" already has this bug squashed! ;)

View Post

DaveyJJ, on June 24th 2005, 11:30 AM, said:

Don't you mean "private parts build"?
:D

View Post

You mean he squashed his private parts like a bug getting the cheat to work?!?!  No wonder the cheat doesn't work anymore!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#24 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:03 PM

the Battle Cat, on June 24th 2005, 03:53 PM, said:

You mean he squashed his private parts like a bug getting the cheat to work?!?!  No wonder the cheat doesn't work anymore!

No, no, no. The main coding guy went blind, for some unexplained reason.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#25 gPixel

gPixel

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:13 AM

jowens121, on June 15th 2005, 05:06 PM, said:

to enable the cheat:
control-shift-c
intProp censorGridSize 0

View Post

I can not get the cheat mode to work at all. When I type "control-shift-c", nothing happens at all. I have tried in Live mode, Buy mode, and Build mode. Nothing. Either I'm doing something wrong, or this function was changed/removed in the retail version 1.0.

Anybody know any other way into the cheat mode? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

#26 tuppence95

tuppence95

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:28 AM

Are you playing the game with the Sims2 window minimalized?

control-shift-c does work for me in bringing up the area at the top where you enter the cheat code, but I noticed that it is hidden behind Apple's menu bar when Sims is minimalized.

The only cheat I have seen work is motherlode.

#27 DaveG

DaveG

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:09 PM

gPixel, on June 26th 2005, 12:13 PM, said:

I can not get the cheat mode to work at all. When I type "control-shift-c", nothing happens at all. I have tried in Live mode, Buy mode, and Build mode. Nothing. Either I'm doing something wrong, or this function was changed/removed in the retail version 1.0.

Anybody know any other way into the cheat mode? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

View Post

Funny.... someone in another forum reported this as well... I really figured the person didn't know what he was doing (we tried every fix we could think of to assist him - even to me explaining 'how' to depress the keys).

Finally he found that it finally worked for him by using the CTRL-SHIFT-C but instead of using the 'LEFT SIDE' CTRL-SHIFT (plus C) he tried the 'RIGHT SIDE' CTRL-SHIFT (plus C) and it worked. I tried to get some idea as to what kind of machine he had and if it was a 3rd party keyboard but he didn't say...

Anyway it's worth giving it a shot...

Dave

#28 gPixel

gPixel

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

I'm a dork. I was using COMMAND-shift-c, instead of CONTROL-shift-c, which I had read on another forum. I got it to work now. It is CONTROL-shif-c. Some of the cheats work, and some do not. But at least I got into the correct mode for it.

DaveG, on June 26th 2005, 06:09 PM, said:

Funny.... someone in another forum reported this as well... I really figured the person didn't know what he was doing (we tried every fix we could think of to assist him - even to me explaining 'how' to depress the keys).

Finally he found that it finally worked for him by using the CTRL-SHIFT-C but instead of using the 'LEFT SIDE' CTRL-SHIFT (plus C) he tried the 'RIGHT SIDE' CTRL-SHIFT (plus C) and it worked. I tried to get some idea as to what kind of machine he had and if it was a 3rd party keyboard but he didn't say...

Anyway it's worth giving it a shot...

Dave

View Post

#29 luws

luws

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:50 AM

gPixel, on June 26th 2005, 09:07 PM, said:

I'm a dork. I was using COMMAND-shift-c, instead of CONTROL-shift-c, which I had read on another forum. I got it to work now. It is CONTROL-shif-c. Some of the cheats work, and some do not. But at least I got into the correct mode for it.

View Post

Yeah, it bugs the heck out of me that Aspyr used virtually all PC keys. How confusing... why couldn't it be the normal Mac cmmd key?! It's a Mac game after all....

#30 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:53 PM

luws, on June 27th 2005, 08:50 AM, said:

Yeah, it bugs the heck out of me that Aspyr used virtually all PC keys. How confusing... why couldn't it be the normal Mac cmmd key?! It's a Mac game after all....

View Post

We had to decide between using the command key for right click (for one button mouse users) and switching it with the control key to make the game more Mac like.  In the end we decided we had to support the single button mouse people more directly than the Mac keyboard equivalents.  I wish Apple would put two button mice in the Mac by default :(

Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#31 mattybinks

mattybinks

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:27 PM

GlendaAdams, on June 27th 2005, 02:53 PM, said:

We had to decide between using the command key for right click (for one button mouse users) and switching it with the control key to make the game more Mac like.  In the end we decided we had to support the single button mouse people more directly than the Mac keyboard equivalents.  I wish Apple would put two button mice in the Mac by default :(

Glenda

View Post

so glenda, any ideas on why that cheat code doesn't work on the mac? i still haven't heard an answer from anyone saying they got it to work.

#32 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:07 PM

GlendaAdams, on June 27th 2005, 11:53 AM, said:

We had to decide between using the command key for right click (for one button mouse users) and switching it with the control key to make the game more Mac like.

Why didn't you use the control key for right click?

#33 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:23 PM

bobbob, on June 27th 2005, 01:07 PM, said:

Why didn't you use the control key for right click?

View Post

That was our first thought, but it got into a bigger mess, since there are also some control-right click commands, and other uses of the control key that are mentioned in the tutorials as well.  So suddenly we would have had to rewrite the in-game tutorials to say command click instead of control click.  Plus we'd have had to change all the in-game messages that said 'control-x does this' to 'command-x does this', and it just got messier and messier.  

The best case would have been if we could have assumed everyone had a two button mouse, and we could have let either command or control act as the keyboard modifier, so Cmd-X and Ctrl-X would both work.  But as long as Apple bundles a single button mouse we couldn't do that :(

Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#34 JonboyDC

JonboyDC

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:28 PM

I have to say, in the original game, I installed and then uninstalled the mod that removed the censor's blur, because I found the smooth Ken-doll crotch of the male sims to be too disturbing.  They actually looked more normal pixellated.

#35 luws

luws

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:46 PM

GlendaAdams, on June 27th 2005, 01:23 PM, said:

The best case would have been if we could have assumed everyone had a two button mouse, and we could have let either command or control act as the keyboard modifier, so Cmd-X and Ctrl-X would both work.  But as long as Apple bundles a single button mouse we couldn't do that :(

Glenda

View Post

Yes, that's another thing I found most confusing. The whole manual constantly deals with right click this, scroll-wheel that, when I think the majority of Mac users use a one button mouse. But the directions are all pointedly written for a 2 button mouse.

#36 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:37 PM

If you want to be playing games on a Mac seriously, you need to ditch the one-button mouse pronto.
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#37 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17373 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:03 PM

I hadn't used a 2 button optical mouse with scroll wheel for even 5 minutes before I decided that I would never go back to a one button mouse ever ever ever again.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#38 Siriusfox

Siriusfox

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Steam Name:opensiriusfox

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:14 PM

the Battle Cat said:

I hadn't used a 2 button optical mouse with scroll wheel for even 5 minutes before I decided that I would never go back to a one button mouse ever ever ever again.
Here here! :D
for me, 2 min 34 Seconds...

-Ish
20'' iMac Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 10.6.5, 2GB RAM, 256MB ATI X1600

"Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog." -Doug Larson

#39 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:18 PM

Once you get used to one of these:

Posted Image

...you'll never go back to a normal mouse.
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#40 a2daj

a2daj

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:07 PM

I used a trackball for a week.  I went back to a mouse.
Dual 2.5 GHz G5-RADEON X800 -4 GB RAM-Revo 7.1
MBP 2.0GHz -Mobility RADEON X1600-2 GB RAM