107 replies to this topic

#61 qazwsxedc

qazwsxedc

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:34 PM

that MMO are all nice..  is that all the MMO games you have??

#62 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8103 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:08 AM

View Postqazwsxedc, on January 18th 2007, 11:34 PM, said:

that MMO are all nice..  is that all the MMO games you have??
Is this some kind of spambotting or just someone completely incoherent.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#63 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17440 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:23 AM

View PostJanichsan, on January 19th 2007, 01:08 AM, said:

Is this some kind of spambotting or just someone completely incoherent.
It might be Sadamm_07's younger brother, they share the same IP.  Neither are native English speakers according to that IP.  Go easy on him please.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#64 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8103 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:55 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 19th 2007, 06:23 PM, said:

It might be Sadamm_07's younger brother, they share the same IP.  Neither are native English speakers according to that IP.  Go easy on him please.
Okay, if there is some connection to an existing person... it's just that his posts left some weird impression.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#65 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17440 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

I had the same concerns, that's why I checked his IP.  I could be wrong too, in any number of ways.  There are bots out there that grab phrases and respond.  Help me keep an eye on him, PM me if you think you are on to something.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#66 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:31 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 19th 2007, 02:52 PM, said:

I had the same concerns, that's why I checked his IP.  I could be wrong too, in any number of ways.  There are bots out there that grab phrases and respond.  Help me keep an eye on him, PM me if you think you are on to something.

This may not be the place to talk about it, but doesn't  getting registered on the forums, with its' authentication system require some human intervention or have the bots figured out how to defeat that system?

#67 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17440 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:04 AM

It's a constant evolution style "arms race" with bots.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#68 KRhind

KRhind

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:07 PM

Hey guys sorry if I'm reviving an old topic or anything. But I read that people were saying that Shadowbane is now free, but everywhere I'm looking is a 15-day trial or P2P, can anyone give me a link or something to help? Much appreciated

#69 MILBOP DIPPLEBERRY

MILBOP DIPPLEBERRY

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:38 PM

This seems to be the official announcement: http://chronicle.ubi...st.php?id=15088

#70 totallywhacked

totallywhacked

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:43 PM

That MMO are all mean! You have many more MMO?

#71 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:46 PM

I'm not sure Second Life exactly counts :) but there's no fee any more--they don't even demand a credit card number. So it can go in the green column. (The fee is only if you want land.)

#72 Dark uk

Dark uk

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:41 PM

Alright, I dont pass through these forums anymore really but I saw this topic and felt guilty that its been neglected. It should all be up to date now.

btw, Im not adding browser based games, they arent hard to find. Sorry for taking so long.

#73 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:29 PM

I took the liberty of adding MOUL to the list.

#74 emailthatguy

emailthatguy

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:22 PM

just as the title says.  and yes, theres a mac client.

free to play in window mode

10 bucks a month for full screen and other features

www.piratesonline.com

#75 tbg10101

tbg10101

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:24 PM

Fragmented Galaxy

It's still under development here.

#76 Rtas09

Rtas09

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:05 AM

lol cool list, just realised i was actually signed up to this site :P when i first tried registering with Rtas09, cause i only use that lols..anywayz i've seen your list, and i like it alot..i only have 1 tiny problem....my mac is, how could you say..hmm retarded? because everytime i download something, e.g A tale in the desert..when im like 150mb it takes the file thats still downloading and puts it int the bin...so i drag it out and put it back on the desktop..then i put it in a folder and it does nothing so i wait till the downloads done...but...5 seconds before the download finishes it says cannot download file, corrupted something idk...wrong directory, i've tried downloading others, and it does the same thing...i was using camino...so then i thought how about Safari...but with safari it stopped me something at 37mb saying it was completed...when it was a 176mb file..i unzipped it, it took a min or 2, then it said cannot create archive, directory not found, hidden directory..idk something like that lols...and i got really realllllllly angry, because my internet is slow for starters...adsl..not 2..just 1...took me 4 hours...to download 300mb...a tale in the desert...and i have wireless..the computer is like 5-8 meteres away from the router, but its still fast...way faster than dial up :P, but anyway..i am getting really annoyed here, i mean i actually have to buy the game..which means for me to waste money going to the MAC store, and trying to pick a game...so im there just staring at the wall...and all i see is, Age of empires 3..Prey..Halo...doom3...and quake 4...not much to pick from..thats why im annoyed i cant download any games..im just a normal 15 year old teen trying to play a game. The only game i've played so far is Halo..and thats the demo...i play multiplayer..which is sad..lols, its 1 map..i played WoW, for 2 years..and that got boring, then Graal..Eternal Lands...and some of the other games there, but only the small filed ones, something between 50-100mb only. I've downloaded heaps others higher than that..lve downloaded WoW patches..not games really...but still i want to play an  Online Game...its the schoool holidays here..ive just started them..i have 8 weeks..to do nothing lol, i see you guys want a game for Mac too, and you've probally found some but i cant for some reason...can anyone please help me?

#77 viKKing

viKKing

Psychic Software

• Developer
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:46 AM

Darkwind: War On Wheels is a special kind of MMO.
It's a mixed gameplay style in fact, and this is why I keep posting in the Strategy section of the forum.  :)

You control  a gang of characters you have less control than other kinds of MMO. They are server generated and you can only define in which area they will train. But the skills they are gaining are limited by their own capacity to learn. Something you don't know at first. Some will be very skilled and others are cannon fodder, we call them dirty liars.
Though, you have to take care of them, because death is permanent. No kidding here.
At this time, characters on foot are not integrated yet (you know, it is a 1 + 1 spare time development team).

We are using a 3rd person view over the terrain, and primary goal is to manage vehicles during races, deathraces or arena combat, as well as wilderness scouting or travels.
Despite the fact, custom vehicles are only available to subscribers, the game is quite fun to play for non-subscribers.

The community is a very cool one, everyone being welcome.
We are always seeking fresh meat to scatter on the tracks... err, no, NPCs will do that instead! ;)

Looking to see you on the track.

Official blurb:

Darkwind is a turn-based, 3D persistent-world multiplayer wargame set in the near future, which combines the depth of detail inherent in turn-based games, with long-term strategic elements that keep the challenge going for months/years. The game is staged on a sparsely populated continent, one of the few surviving areas of civilisation. The focus of the game is on vehicular combat - cars with guns - both in the wilderness and in manmade arenas and racing circuits. Gameplay is split between a web interface (for strategic management) and a 3D interface which supports Windows and Mac OSX (for control of your characters and vehicles during a combat or race).

/viKKing
Contributor,
Darkwind: War On Wheels

#78 Bunnybooze

Bunnybooze

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

Just realized that someone posted on this in Nov! lol..

Pirates of the Caribbean Online

It's similar to Toontown because it is also a Disney game.

You can pay for extra content but the basic game play is free!

Highly customizable characters and they will implement tailors, tattoo parlors, emote merchants, and other things for further customization (later Feb).

The UI and click to attack doesn't make me very happy but it's an ok game with decent graphics so if you wanna try something new (just came out of beta) then give it a go!

There are pvp options but the click to attack thing... bleh!

You can have your own ship too. :D

Pirates of the  Caribbean Online

Small screenies I made:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#79 MushedMango

MushedMango

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:08 AM

How about Eve-Online? That ones been on mac for a while now. Red for payment, and there is a trial. Also, there should be an asterisk on WoW for trial.

#80 reubensitos

reubensitos

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:31 PM

Guild Wars now runs on mac pretty damn well. There is a software by crossover games that will allow it to run. There is no virtual client, no windows copy or boot camp necessary. Its pretty damn awesome. I have guild wars on my pc, and am now playing it on my macbook pro. I tested it pretty extensively and its wonderful.

I even got everquest 2 up and running, although the graphic glitches were terrible, its a start. Their software is genius. So who knows, maybe in the future as they perfect the software, you will be able to play most our games on our mac's.