Master Blaster

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1693 posts
  • Steam Name:Aleksael
  • Steam ID:Aleksael
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:08 AM

Says date first available is April 27--if this is a leak it is a pretty short lead.

This could actually be good news, Apple may just be releasing product now like every other company, minus the cloak and dagger act, but then minus the fanfare of the second coming too.

Edit--Then again, it would mean a change to actually delivering new Macs on or ahead of schedule, so that's good too.

#3 Perfection

Perfection

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:53 AM

2.7 GHz?

There are going to be a lot of dissapointed people......

#4 Dr. Geebs

Dr. Geebs

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:56 AM

Be honest, the only people who are going to be disappointed about this are the terminally deluded.

#5 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:59 AM

Perfection, on April 26th 2005, 05:53 PM, said:

2.7 GHz?

View Post

Not me, this makes my 2.5 still look like the king of the hill ;) Well... at least close enough.

But yeah, it's a disappointingly low bump, as I believe I said last time rumors of this was mentioned. 8% in one year is close to nothing, especially so long after the "promise" of a 3GHz by "the end of the year".
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#6 atari

atari

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:01 PM

Perfection, on April 26th 2005, 05:53 PM, said:

2.7 GHz?

View Post

Looks like no PCIe this time....now that´s what I find disappointing  :(
27 inch quad beastie ordered :)

#7 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • 5632 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:16 PM

Note: I should have been a bit clearer when I said rumors of this. Amazon is about as reliable on pre-orders as any rumor site out there, since that seems to be what they go on very often... especially for Mac games...
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#8 Endymion

Endymion

Master Blaster

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1693 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:19 PM

You'll know whether this is a rumour, or reliable, tomorrow.

#9 Shade

Shade

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:22 PM

Bah, 2.7GhZ...

Where's my 3!!
Honor but above all, Loyalty.

#10 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:40 PM

Whaleman, on April 26th 2005, 01:16 PM, said:

Note: I should have been a bit clearer when I said rumors of this. Amazon is about as reliable on pre-orders as any rumor site out there, since that seems to be what they go on very often... especially for Mac games...

Except these seem to be actual live pages where you can place an actual order.  Somehow I don't think they'd want to annoy people shelling out $3,000 with "oh, that was just a rumor, sorry".

If it makes people feel better, consider this a 6 month bump, because that's about how long the 2.5s have been shipping in any quantity at all...the "available in June" thing last year was pure fantasy....

--Eric

#11 Bastich

Bastich

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:41 PM

QuicksilverG5, on April 26th 2005, 09:56 AM, said:

Hey, looks who's getting sued by Apple next!  w00t!   :D

http://www.amazon.co...3678508-6863018

View Post

Nah, Steve will just have a hissy-fit and remove all links to Amazon from his website and the minds of all who fall within his reality distortion field.

Endymion, on April 26th 2005, 11:08 AM, said:

This could actually be good news, Apple may just be releasing product now like every other company, minus the cloak and dagger act, but then minus the fanfare of the second coming too.

Edit--Then again, it would mean a change to actually delivering new Macs on or ahead of schedule, so that's good too.

View Post

Doubtful. There's no fanfare because they're just embarassed about STILL not being at 3GHz. In fact, I bet they've been sitting on the 2.7's, waiting for Tiger to be finalized.

:cool:

#12 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • 5632 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:11 PM

Eric5h5, on April 26th 2005, 07:40 PM, said:

Except these seem to be actual live pages where you can place an actual order.  Somehow I don't think they'd want to annoy people shelling out $3,000 with "oh, that was just a rumor, sorry".

If it makes people feel better, consider this a 6 month bump, because that's about how long the 2.5s have been shipping in any quantity at all...the "available in June" thing last year was pure fantasy....

--Eric

View Post

Except when you pre-order, you don't shell out a dime, money isn't charged until the product ship. And since a lot fewer are going to pre-order a dual 2.7 than, say Icewind Dale II for Mac, there's less people to cancel said pre-orders for.

I'd call it an 8 month bump if you want to be picky, the 2.5s started ship in august. And who said the 2.7s would be available in plenty from the start anyway? The top of the line model has almost always been delayed a few months after the lower models starts shipping. ;)

***END MESSAGE***

#13 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:39 PM

According to a user over at maccentral, the other models appear to be:  

Dual 2.3 GHz PowerPC G5, 512 MB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive, 16x Dual Layer SuperDrive
http://www.amazon.co...8882632-0041647

Dual 2.0 GHz Power PC G5, 512 MB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, 16x Dual Layer SuperDrive

Obviously a mistake on the part of Amazon...
2.0, 2.3 and 2.7 G5's?  What happens to the 2.5GHz?  I wouldn't get too excited over this news.

#14 Endymion

Endymion

Master Blaster

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1693 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:43 PM

Bastich, on April 26th 2005, 01:41 PM, said:

Doubtful. There's no fanfare because they're just embarassed about STILL not being at 3GHz. In fact, I bet they've been sitting on the 2.7's, waiting for Tiger to be finalized.

View Post

I was more referring to the possibility that a 2.7, or any new model really, might actually be [i]shipping[i] soon or ahead of the precedent that the previous announce-to-ship was.

#15 Joshua

Joshua

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:02 PM

Bugger! The link is dead now, I didn't catch it. Oh well. :happy: I'm sure the whole dual-core part of the rumors is bogus. Although, if that aspect of the rumors was true, it sure would turn the speed bump from "boring" to "insanely great"!

Just as well to have a small speed bump right now, from my perspective. I'm still not ready for a new Mac until maybe another year out, so they can have a mega speed bump for the generation after this one as far as I'm concerned.  ;)

Josh
QuickSilver G4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 1.12GB RAM - OS X 10.3.9
Dell P4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 512MB RAM - Windows XP SP2

#16 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:05 PM

MacProject, on April 26th 2005, 02:39 PM, said:

According to a user over at maccentral, the other models appear to be: 

Dual 2.3 GHz PowerPC G5, 512 MB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive, 16x Dual Layer SuperDrive

Dual 2.0 GHz Power PC G5, 512 MB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, 16x Dual Layer SuperDrive

Obviously a mistake on the part of Amazon...
2.0, 2.3 and 2.7 G5's?  What happens to the 2.5GHz?  I wouldn't get too excited over this news.

View Post

Ah!  
Now it just says "Product Coming Soon" when clicking the links!

#17 Lucian

Lucian

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3028 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:06 PM

Please remember that IBM provides the G5 processors.

Also, it should be interesting to see the video card options...
I live in Mexifornia.

#18 Joshua

Joshua

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:11 PM

MacProject, on April 26th 2005, 03:05 PM, said:

Now it just says "Product Coming Soon" when clicking the links!
But it also gives no indication what the "Product" is.

Not that I am doubting you QuickSilver my friend, but why can't I find any news articles about the leak? Technically, I have no evidence of the leak except your word. Again, not that I'm getting ugly with you about it..

Josh
QuickSilver G4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 1.12GB RAM - OS X 10.3.9
Dell P4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 512MB RAM - Windows XP SP2

#19 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • 5632 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:16 PM

Well, if it helps you Joshua, there was more of us that saw it... probably most of us who replied to this thread earlier.

And as for no news on it? I doubt even the rumor sites would jump on Amazon pre-orders. That's definitely page 2 material as best.

***END MESSAGE***

#20 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:02 PM

Whaleman, on April 26th 2005, 04:16 PM, said:

And as for no news on it? I doubt even the rumor sites would jump on Amazon pre-orders. That's definitely page 2 material as best.

www.macrumors.com.  Right at the top there, see....

--Eric