26 replies to this topic

#1 lenzcap

lenzcap

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:32 AM

'colin mcrea rally 2005' is easily the best and most fun racing game I have ever encountered, and am dying to be able to play it on my Mac.  This is one of those games that makes it hard be a Mac gamer, I am force to play this game on my friends PC.  Will there ever be a Mac version of this game?  Or a game like this even?  Just looking for some informed opinions I guess, if there are any.

#2 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:41 AM

lenzcap, on April 25th 2005, 12:32 PM, said:

'colin mcrea rally 2005' is easily the best and most fun racing game I have ever encountered, and am dying to be able to play it on my Mac.  This is one of those games that makes it hard be a Mac gamer, I am force to play this game on my friends PC.  Will there ever be a Mac version of this game?  Or a game like this even?  Just looking for some informed opinions I guess, if there are any.

View Post

As much as I'd love to see it, we probably won't get a version of the big franchise rally racing games like Colin McRae or Richard Burns Rally.  
CM4 and 5 weren't even released for the PC here in the US anyway...I think they were only released in Europe along with the PS2 version while they did make it out for the Xbox.

However, there is a reasonably good rally racing game for the Mac called "Rally Shift" which I really enjoy being a fan of the genre:  http://www.codeblend.../rallyshift.php
Graphically, it falls a bit short when compared to the latest Colin Mcrae games.  But, the physics engine is very well done and control feels realistic enough.  Give it a try.

#3 Stickboy

Stickboy

Heroic

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:09 AM

Agreed CM Rally 05 is an awesome game, the sort of game we should be getting more of on the Mac, rather than just another first person shooter. I begged my mate to let me have a go on his PC after i'd read the various reviews and I was practically blown away! The graphics are close to photo-realistic when everything's turned up. There's a real feeling of weight to the vehicles, plus you can actually drive the things using only a keyboard, which is a huge bonus.

The only thing that would the game better is if could play it at home on my Mac!
--to label yourself is to limit yourself--

#4 Pessot

Pessot

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:43 PM

I agree completely! I would like to see a really good rally game to mac. To be honest, those released to date have not been good enough.

A game like Colin McRae would be great (as I have pointed out earlier in this forum).
/Pessot

#5 sillek

sillek

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:03 PM

I rented this for the Xbox before and enjoyed it greatly.  The only problem for me is that racing games require high FPS, and I can't achieve that.

#6 Stickboy

Stickboy

Heroic

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:03 AM

Pessot, on May 12th 2005, 08:43 PM, said:

I agree completely! I would like to see a really good rally game to mac. To be honest, those released to date have not been good enough.

A game like Colin McRae would be great (as I have pointed out earlier in this forum).

View Post

Awesome! It looks like this game will be heading over to the Mac after all! Feral just announced it in an interview who said Mac porting houses don't listen to the forums?  ;)

Great news, cheers Feral!

#7 sillek

sillek

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:16 PM

Great news, but I won't be able to run it.

#8 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:16 AM

Stickboy, on May 22nd 2005, 12:03 PM, said:

Awesome! It looks like this game will be heading over to the Mac after all! Feral just announced it in an interview who said Mac porting houses don't listen to the forums?  ;)

Great news, cheers Feral!

View Post

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!

Colin McRae 2005 coming to Mac?  
My prayers have been answered!  Thank you, thank you Feral!!  

:D  :D  :D

#9 WSTE_M

WSTE_M

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1159 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:51 AM

Good news indeed!
It would seem that an "investment" in a Radeon X800 is in order...

Why isent this on the IMG frontpage ? instead of that idiotic Intel rumor...

W
blowing stuff up in the virtual world since 1994

#10 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:55 AM

WSTE_M, on May 23rd 2005, 10:51 AM, said:

Good news indeed!
It would seem that an "investment" in a Radeon X800 is in order...

W

View Post

Indeed!  Having Colin McRae on the Mac will finally give me an incentive to buy a good steering wheel (and possibly even upgrade my system) to do the game complete justice!

This is huge news...the CM series is an established franchise on PC's and home consoles.  To finally see something of this caliber coming to the Mac is exciting stuff!  I just hope gamers buy the game when it's released.

Thanks Feral!  :)

#11 Ari

Ari

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:10 PM

Great news! I'm going to buy it. :)

#12 bookman

bookman

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1580 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:04 PM

This seems to be the racing/driving franchise people want most on our beloved platform. I think it's official now: Feral has replaced Macplay at the table of Big 3 Mac game publishers.
Work: MacBook - 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - X3100 graphics.
Home: Mini - 2.0 Ghz Core2Duo - 2 GB RAM - GeForce 9400 graphics.

#13 lenzcap

lenzcap

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:36 PM

I can hardly believe it.  I started this thread to whine about not being able to run this game on my Mac, and Ferrel comes to the rescue.  I will deffinity be a buyer.  The light at the end of the tunnel is no longer flickering.

#14 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:27 AM

It's a bit odd that Feral hasn't posted anything about CMR'05 on their website yet.  
Also, why hasn't IMG posted anything about the game yet?  Is it because the news was first learned through an interview courtesy of Macgamer.com?

Personally, I feel this game is big news and well worth posting a "sneak peek" article to get gamers excited.

#15 Stickboy

Stickboy

Heroic

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:45 AM

Want. More. Info.

Found this on the Mac Observer:

Mac Gaming News - Feral to Bring Colin McRae Rally 2005 to the Mac || The Mac Observer,

Is that a Mac screenshot? <drool>

#16 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:50 AM

Stickboy, on May 26th 2005, 11:45 AM, said:

Want. More. Info.

Found this on the Mac Observer:

Mac Gaming News - Feral to Bring Colin McRae Rally 2005 to the Mac || The Mac Observer,

View Post

Good find!
That screenshot is probably from the PC version, so that's pretty much what we can expect to see when it arrives on the Mac!  :)

#17 Dair Grant

Dair Grant

RouteBuddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:12 PM

Stickboy, on May 26th 2005, 04:45 PM, said:

No, that's definitely not what the Mac version currently looks like...  :)

So far we haven't seen anything in the code that makes us think we'll have to cut graphical effects from the Mac version, so visually it should be very similar (if not identical) to the PC. As and when development gets further on, I'm sure Feral will have some screenshots of the Mac version up on their site (the screenshots on our Colin page are either PC or Xbox).

-dair
Zonic

#18 a2daj

a2daj

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3400 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:57 PM

Thanks to Feral and Zonic I nearly wet my pants when I read the news earlier today.
Dual 2.5 GHz G5-RADEON X800 -4 GB RAM-Revo 7.1
MBP 2.0GHz -Mobility RADEON X1600-2 GB RAM

#19 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:47 AM

Dair Grant, on May 26th 2005, 08:12 PM, said:

(the screenshots on our Colin page are either PC or Xbox).

-dair
Zonic

View Post

Finally!  
Proof that the game exists outside of the Macgamer interview!  
We need IMG and other sites to get the word out!

#20 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:05 AM

Just to confirm to everyone we have now officially announced Colin McRae 2005 on the Feral News page.

Below is the news article for all your none believers out there. :lol:

Colin McRae 2005 - the real McCoy on the Mac said:

May 27 2005
Ah yes the rumours are true, the rumours are always true. One of the gaming world's landmark racing games is coming to the Mac. Colin McRae 2005, the premier Rally racing simulation is currently in Mac development for a release in the Autumn. There's a huge amount to say about this game and a full-on minisite will be launched on Friday, June 3rd - in the meantime for a quick low-down on this top-notch game, check out IMG's preview article or move on over to Codemaster's Colin 5 website.

More news and screen-shots will arrive as development progresses.

See you next week......

Edwin