#21 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:25 AM

Space_Pirate_Killer, on April 8th 2005, 05:57 PM, said:

We don't sacrifice virgins. We sacrifice cats. Why do you think so many of our members have cats? For fun?

View Post

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh :angry:

#22 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:42 AM

Oh man, this is the most childish thing ever,

if you don´t know anything better to do with a VIRGIN or a PUSSY you don´t DESERVE to play games on a Mac.
:blush:   :blink:  :(

how about a little more constructivism here:

let´s sacrifice BILL G. and George.W.B. right afterwards as bloody as can get.
:happy:
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: i5@2.6GHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1:  i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#23 WSTE_M

WSTE_M

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1159 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:48 AM

IM all for any kind of revolution!
Though I think its a shame to vaste virgins and cats.
Remember we need fresh meat to replace the old meat at one point!

Also, we need to get to Steve Jobs when he has an acid flashback in order to get our point across.
Someone mail him a copy of American McGee's Alice!

W
blowing stuff up in the virtual world since 1994

#24 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17435 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:05 AM

Holy cow!  What's going on here?  Did someone pour Grandpa's rheumatism medicine into the drinking water?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#25 ffffff

ffffff

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:33 AM

TigerJones, on April 7th 2005, 06:38 PM, said:

IMACMAN ARE YOU IN? We shall fight microst and those pc users till the end, until we get equal rights and equal demands, too long have they taken from us, gamespy, halo, our pride, i say we put up a fight, for we are filled with honor and pride.

View Post

Amen my macgamer brother!

#26 Endymion

Endymion

Master Blaster

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1693 posts
  • Steam Name:Aleksael
  • Steam ID:Aleksael

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:58 AM

zapranoth, on April 7th 2005, 11:02 PM, said:

My understanding is that Bungie acquiesced to Microsoft's offer to buy, and that part of the reason Bungie did this was lack of capital to finish the projects they had so much invested in (Oni, Halo).  But that's just hearsay.

View Post

You hear wrong. Bungie approached microsoft first, and bungie asked microsoft to acquire them. It wasn't just due to funding and development potential though. There was a bug in the first version of Myth that killed a PC if the game was ever uninstalled--basically the uninstaller wiped the entire directory the game was in, rather than the game directory, if the game were installed to the root directory then no more Windows for you. This bug was found just a couple of days before the complete, packaged and ready-to-go game was to be shipped. The boxes had to be held, the installer fixed, and the CDs repressed. This delay cost bungie a lot of money and caused them to hastily sell a stake in the company to Take2 Interactive in order to get out of the debt. Bungie realised that they were not invincible and they wished to get back to the basics of just making games. They got what they wanted. They don't have to deal with hassles like distribution, publicity and other miscellaneous headaches anymore.

And this is a silly topic. Unless the original poster starting up a game company or something?

#27 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:42 AM

Endymion, on April 8th 2005, 10:58 AM, said:

There was a bug in the first version of Myth that killed a PC if the game was ever uninstalled--basically the uninstaller wiped the entire directory the game was in, rather than the game directory, if the game were installed to the root directory then no more Windows for you. This bug was found just a couple of days before the complete, packaged and ready-to-go game was to be shipped. The boxes had to be held, the installer fixed, and the CDs repressed.

View Post

Well, with crappy beta testing like that, looks like Bungie is perfect Microsoft material!   :lol:
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#28 bookman

bookman

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1580 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:55 AM

Actually, I'm hoping Doom 3, specifically the horseshizzle benchmarks on the best Apple hardware, got Apple's attention. Steve-o always liked to include the occasional Quake 3 bench when trumpting about how fast Macs were for everyday tasks. Well, if the 3000 buck G5 can't even beat a Celeron at Doom 3 frames per second, you might want to start paying attention to gaming or risk considerable embarassment at the hands of reviewers.  Maybe it was just a coincidence that Apple put out a call for open gl programmers after Doom came out? :)
Work: MacBook - 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - X3100 graphics.
Home: Mini - 2.0 Ghz Core2Duo - 2 GB RAM - GeForce 9400 graphics.

#29 Maestro

Maestro

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Steam Name:kgmoome

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:57 AM

Endymion, on April 8th 2005, 04:58 PM, said:

And this is a silly topic. Unless the original poster starting up a game company or something?

View Post

this isn't that silly of a topic. I like the basic idea the original poster has. As far as a "revolution" that's silly.

I think Apple should make a killer game for their computers. They make great applications (iLife), but I think they should also make a good game to show case their computers.
Tortillas are sleeping bags for ground beef.

#30 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:51 PM

Maestro, on April 8th 2005, 06:57 PM, said:

this isn't that silly of a topic. I like the basic idea the original poster has. As far as a "revolution" that's silly.

I think Apple should make a killer game for their computers. They make great applications (iLife), but I think they should also make a good game to show case their computers.

View Post

We've been over this quite a few times though. Apple can't create a killer game without doing it at a great loss. There's a reason the Mac unique games are at the level that Pangea and Ambrosia creates. While these games are extremely great, they're not enough graphically advanced to get PC users to switch, because they're spoilt with good graphics and many care more about that than good gameplay. The reason Ambrosia and Pangea can't create a "Halo" is that the market isn't big enough to support the kind of work that would have to be put into such a game. Any project of that scale would be a huge loss for anybody involved in it. To make a game like that break even it would have to be released to the PC... and that kinda defeats the whole purpose.
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#31 Endymion

Endymion

Master Blaster

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1693 posts
  • Steam Name:Aleksael
  • Steam ID:Aleksael

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:52 PM

Maestro, on April 8th 2005, 12:57 PM, said:

View Post

It's silly because he's basically telling Mac fans that the Macintosh needs its own game(s). Well gee, don't tell us . . . there are some gaming professionals who read and post here but do you really think they are clueless not to know this already, either? Are we to take it that the status quo is for lack of wanting?

#32 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:47 PM

second to the Above

PLUS:

we have all the TOOLS to do it, the first STEP in a revolution is to BECOME ACTIVE!

stop whining for some companies to do it for you, you flock of sheep!

GO and create your OWN.

The KEY is to MOD

We have Anvil and Pforge, the UT base will embrace you if a have the guts to make your own game And HALO offers MODDING, too

PLUS:
If you go for MODS whioch also run on PCs you can SHOW them in every LEVEL:
THIS was done by a MAC user!

See how famous some of the USER Mods became!

THIS is the Revolution! This is the new Communism!  (at least for me).

Che!

:P
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: i5@2.6GHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1:  i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#33 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:14 PM

"Modding" on Halo means putting a new skin on the Warthog, and maybe tweaking some guns.  I've yet to see any total conversion mods for Halo... and, to me, changing skins isn't really what I consider a mod.

Anyway, I don't think a mod made on a Mac would have any effect on getting people to switch.  Just like PC mods, a mod is a mod, and is compatible with either platform, as long as the game exists on each platform.  So, again, without a Mac-only game, a Mac-made mod would be no different than any other mod.

And, even if there were some sort of Mac-only mod, I don't think anyone would switch just for a mod....

I don't even think a mod the likes of Counter Strike would get people to switch to the Mac....  Half Life 2, the game, is a totally different story though.  If HL2 were Mac-only, that would mean ALL it's mods would also be Mac-only, and THAT would definitely get people to switch.
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#34 MacADDICT

MacADDICT

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:07 PM

The iMac Man, on April 7th 2005, 05:34 PM, said:

Actually, Bungie WAS making Halo for the Mac, and along comes MicroSoft and screws it all up, like they always do....

I say, make Stubbs The Zombie Mac-only!!  ;)  :D

View Post

actually if Hallo had landed first on the mac back, waaay back, when it was supposed too it would have 1) look horrrrrrrrible , and 2) would have sunk as there has never been a more worse market than mac gaming at that time.

#35 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • 5632 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:30 PM

MacADDICT, on April 8th 2005, 11:07 PM, said:

actually if Hallo had landed first on the mac back, waaay back, when it was supposed too it would have 1) look horrrrrrrrible , and 2) would have sunk as there has never been a more worse market than mac gaming at that time.

View Post

And 3) it would have landed on the PC at the same time since it was targeted as a hybrid game.
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#36 Maestro

Maestro

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Steam Name:kgmoome

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:42 PM

MacADDICT, on April 8th 2005, 10:07 PM, said:

View Post

rumor has it that the MacWorld demo was a pre-rendered movie...

/conspiracy theroy
Tortillas are sleeping bags for ground beef.

#37 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • 5632 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:49 PM

Maestro, on April 9th 2005, 12:42 AM, said:

rumor has it that the MacWorld demo was a pre-rendered movie...

/conspiracy theroy

View Post

And history tells us the MacWorld demo was more like a pre-recorded demo since there was no AI or anything. Only the graphics engine was ready to show off... all other components of the game wasn't even close to ready.

***END MESSAGE***

#38 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:50 PM

I know I should stop posting rumors but....
Look at the bottom article!!!!
LINK
The official Inside Mac Games forum Space Pirate Killer.

#39 Tycho Celchu

Tycho Celchu

Godlike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2470 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:00 PM

It is a Page 2 rumor on MacRumors, and page 2 rumors are RARELY correct.

Even less often then front page rumors.
"To be great is to be misunderstood" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#40 placebo

placebo

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:06 PM

I actually place a lot of credibility on this article. It seems very logical for several reasons: first of all, making it easier for games to make it to the Mac in their entirety; second, knocking off "there aren't any games on the Mac" as a qualm for switchers; and finally, and most importantly, these OpenGL improvements and collaborations with ATI and Nvidia will result in Apple being a more viable 3D tech platform for "real" 3D such as engineering and CAD.