#41 George the Flea

George the Flea

IMG Comma Junkie

• IMG Writers
  • 680 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:24 PM

Zaarock, on June 7th 2005, 04:05 AM, said:

I dont even know how to unlock difficulties, i dont even have insane, could somebody tell me how?

Start playing the normal game mode (i.e. not survival) and you'll start unlocking higher difficulties, assuming you're able to last.
Ian
IMG Flunky

Me + web = Beckism.com | Tagamac | One Crayon

#42 Zaarock

Zaarock

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:22 AM

heh, unlocked insane and Excessive with the ''minefield'' technique,
if you get it to work on excessive you sure are gonna get some points cause the mines spawn so fast.

#43 George the Flea

George the Flea

IMG Comma Junkie

• IMG Writers
  • 680 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:53 AM

From the MacGameFiles description:

"Moved character/level select to its own subscreen in options, uncluttering the normal options screen (to make room for more normal options) and also to make room for more unlockable levels later on" (emphasis mine)

Stop it!  Stop updating this game!  I've sunk more than enough time into it, if I start having to unlock more stuff I'll probably just never sleep.

Which is my way of saying, "Thanks!"  I'm way excited for this update and can't wait for it to finish downloading so I can start playing it.

And new levels in the future...I mean, sure, all the levels are the same just with different graphics, but for some reason I can't explain that doesn't make it any less appealing.
Ian
IMG Flunky

#44 George the Flea

George the Flea

IMG Comma Junkie

• IMG Writers
  • 680 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:53 AM

Now that I've actually played it, some feedback on the 1.0.3 update:

- Survival mode I always start out with the uber-laser, and it doesn't go away unless I stop shooting.  Kind of an unfair advantage.  (Bug with the new laser-not-going-away-with-new-weapon code?)

- Where did the sharks go?  I'm all for new content, but I kind of miss that level, despite the inordinate amount of frustration it could cause.  Granted, Tron makes more sense for that villain...

- Tron kind of gives me a headache.  It's so incredibly bright.  I suspect I'll get used to it, but initially at least I was overwhelmed.

- I approve of the mines as a bonus weapon (pick up so many of them).  But laying the mines while simultaneously shooting?  Maybe I just think it's weird because it's new, and it works balance-wise better.  Haven't played it enough yet.

I wish I hadn't replaced 1.0.2 with 1.0.3.  It would be nice to be able to play the different version when I'm in the mood for the different content/weapons.  Fortunately, I figured out how to download the old version from Freeverse's download server, so life will be better in 10 minutes or so.  :)
Ian
IMG Flunky

#45 Hippieman

Hippieman

Freeverse Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:37 AM

Weird with survival/big laser thing mode.  George, could you email me your Kill Monty pref file?  My address is bruce@freeverse.com

As for the Sharks, they were our #1 complaint, they were "hard to see" and such.  They might show back up, but even if they don't "Fisher Jen" will most likely show back up.

The mines were our #2 complaint.  Its hard to actively want to keep picking mines up.  

As for new levels, well Justin Fic has all sorts of wickedly cool things planned.
Marathon: Durandal
The Ultimate Marathon experience
Reverof Nohtaram