• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 2112

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:25 PM

Like the title says, let's discuss strategy, tips, tricks, etc.

So far I have found that using those lase enabled humvees at perimeter defenses can be extremely effective against scuds.
And in general's challenge, EMP Patriots and Laser Turrets are the best defenses by far.

btw. has anyone figured how to use the microwave tanks ?

#2 王將軍

王將軍

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:32 PM

Mini gunners and gattling cannons are extremely effective against the USA Air Force General's laser-equipped aircrafts when missles are out of the question.

#3 tiskippy

tiskippy

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:44 PM

I've always been a fan of loading up a Humvee with 2 Pathfinders and 3 Missile Defenders, and add on the SCUD missile.  Get the battle drone (for repairs) unless you have captured a repair depot.  Get about 5 or 6 like this and they will take down a heck of a lot of stuff.
Brandon
MacBook Pro, 2.16GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 15" Glossy Display

#4 2112

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:07 PM

for covert demolition of garrisoned buildings, I use colonel burton + pathfinder, burton places a remote demo charge, gets hit a few times, then get him to safe distance, then place the pathfinder withing shooting range of the building, blow the demo charge with burton, the garrisoned soldiers come out, and the pathfinder takes care of them before they can get into another building.

#5 EyceNine

EyceNine

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:46 AM

Microwave Tanks disable base defences or buildings (much like an EMP) from a safe range leaving you free to move in your units without taking fire.

So as an example use a microwave tank to disable a gatling so your cl.Burton can
pass.

#6 c15zyx

c15zyx

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 11:47 AM

2112, on March 6th 2005, 10:07 PM, said:

for covert demolition of garrisoned buildings, I use colonel burton + pathfinder, burton places a remote demo charge, gets hit a few times, then get him to safe distance, then place the pathfinder withing shooting range of the building, blow the demo charge with burton, the garrisoned soldiers come out, and the pathfinder takes care of them before they can get into another building.

View Post

What's wrong with using a flashbang or microwave tank? Usually you'll have a ranger or two nearby or in a humvee and they're pretty cheap. Unless they have pathfinders in the buildings... but that would defeat the purpose of stealth :).

Whether playing a human or computer, DESTROY the money supply. that means destroying their derricks via aircraft or striking at their expansion harvesters, or also destroying the 'alternative' money makers such as the supply drop or black market. The 'alternatives' are very easy to take down, and will cost them a LOT of money both to replace and will cost the enemy a lot of wasted time. China's internet facility is quite strong though, beware.

Beware of using the US Airforce general, his raptors may live a second longer but they still tend to unload all missiles into one target and airfields use up a lot of land.

Also, another quick thing is that if a small expansion or whatever is under attack and you have no hope of keeping it, then sell your buildings.

#7 2112

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:08 PM

I'm quite fond of calling in paratroopers to capture an oil derrick and then send in a chinhook with a constructor and some tanks, build some turrets and then leave to next location.