#41 minerva

minerva

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 06:33 AM

BACK TO TOPIC

So, what about the 1.51 patch? Canīt be it takes so long?! What can be so difficult? I donīt getit!

Greetz

#42 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:14 AM

minerva, on January 22nd 2005, 05:33 AM, said:

BACK TO TOPIC

So, what about the 1.51 patch? Canīt be it takes so long?! What can be so difficult? I donīt getit!

Greetz

View Post

Activision keeps telling us another patch is coming and the current 1.5/1.5.1 has problems on the PC so we shouldn't release it.  We're waiting for Activision to release the new client patch.  Until the PC patch is released we can't make sure we have the final 1.5.1 client code on the Mac to release.

I'm not sure what is taking Activision so long, we've been asking them non-stop for weeks.
Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#43 iomatic

iomatic

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 12:39 PM

Bummer. Oh well, development is full of unknowns, but I think most of the community here appreciates the openness of your timetables. Thanks for keeping us informed. Could Aspyr host some more games in the meantime? ;)

GlendaAdams, on January 22nd 2005, 08:14 AM, said:

Activision keeps telling us another patch is coming and the current 1.5/1.5.1 has problems on the PC so we shouldn't release it.  We're waiting for Activision to release the new client patch.  Until the PC patch is released we can't make sure we have the final 1.5.1 client code on the Mac to release.

I'm not sure what is taking Activision so long, we've been asking them non-stop for weeks.
Glenda

View Post

#44 HansBlix

HansBlix

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 02:28 PM

GlendaAdams, on January 22nd 2005, 09:14 AM, said:

Activision keeps telling us another patch is coming and the current 1.5/1.5.1 has problems on the PC so we shouldn't release it.  We're waiting for Activision to release the new client patch.  Until the PC patch is released we can't make sure we have the final 1.5.1 client code on the Mac to release.

Glenda

View Post

Thanks for the update. My trigger finger has been rather itchy as of late.  :)

#45 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:35 PM

God, it sure would be nice if they didn't release the PC patch until they knew it WORKED!

How frustrating,.... eliminate all the Mac users with some buggy, released too soon, patch.

I dream of a day when they don't release patches until they know it's final, AND the Mac patch has also been made......
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#46 Rook

Rook

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:08 PM

The iMac Man, on January 22nd 2005, 11:35 PM, said:

I dream of a day when they don't release patches until they know it's final, AND the Mac patch has also been made......

View Post

Have a nice long sleep :) .  Things will certainly seem different in this world when you awake from this long slumber.  I really have not had any problems finding plenty of active servers still running 1.41.  Granted, I'm not with a clan that is running 1.5..., I'm just looking for active servers with fairly low pings (under 100) that I can join and I never have a problem finding such servers.  Thus far I have only been checking out TDM (still trying to get a feel for the vehicles and such (after going through the SP version almost half a dozen times)).  I'm still trying to figure out how to tell which side is in the tank that is in my sights though.  Personally, I think the vehicles and the controls are much better then BF1942.  I just wish the game would let you use multiple settings (one for vehicle control and one for when you're afoot).  I've always used the arrow keys for movement  (up-forward, down-back, left-lean left, right-lean right), and I would like to be able to use the arrow keys to control vehicles as well (up-forward, down-back, left-turn left and right-turn right), but I either have to sacrifice one setting, or change the settings when I jump in a vehicle.

Another suggestion for when Aspyr does release the patch.  Make it so you can run both CoD and CoD-UO single player with the CoD-UO DVD in the drive.  It really sucks having to change out DVD's to change games.

#47 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 January 2005 - 11:19 AM

Rook, on January 22nd 2005, 10:08 PM, said:

The iMac Man, on January 22nd 2005, 04:35 PM, said:

View Post

Have a nice long sleep :) .  Things will certainly seem different in this world when you awake from this long slumber.  

View Post

I predict that when iMac Man awakes:
  • Cars will fly... and pigs will be driving them.
  • Housewives will simply throw dirty clothes down a chute and they will come out washed, starched, ironed and folded.
  • Aleph One will get all the bugs worked out of it.
  • SPK will decide his postcount is finally high enough.
  • A man named George will have a boy named Elroy.

Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#48 CorT

CorT

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 11:59 PM

the flying pigs, don't forget the flying pigs.

#49 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 January 2005 - 10:17 AM

oooo good one.  I added that to the "flying cars" line.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#50 GausianBlur

GausianBlur

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 03:51 PM

KEEP ON 'EM GLENDA!

#51 {**9**}*CaptainQuark*

{**9**}*CaptainQuark*

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 11:48 AM

Just like everyone else here, I'm getting DESPERATE for the 1.51 patch – or WHICHEVER version it turns out to be, as long as I can connect to my clanserver which runs v1.51.

:huh:  :unsure:  :(

Yesterday I could only find 6 servers running 1.41!
Proud member of {**9**}*TheNiners*. Hoofin' PC booty in MoH and CoD.

#52 Joshua

Joshua

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:12 PM

{**9**}*CaptainQuark*, on January 25th 2005, 11:48 AM, said:

Just like everyone else here, I'm getting DESPERATE for the 1.51 patch – or WHICHEVER version it turns out to be, as long as I can connect to my clanserver which runs v1.51.
Yeah, it's getting pretty ridiculous. Activision has really done a number on the Mac community this time. It is really a shame they didn't allow Aspyr to port the current Windows patch. I'd rather be able to play with everyone and have the same bugs as everyone else than be isolated without bugs.

It'd be different if I only played with Mac users. But hello.. There are PC users I play with too, so the version disparity just messes things up.  :glare:

Josh
QuickSilver G4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 1.12GB RAM - OS X 10.3.9
Dell P4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 512MB RAM - Windows XP SP2

#53 {**9**}*CaptainQuark*

{**9**}*CaptainQuark*

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:32 PM

Joshua, on January 25th 2005, 06:12 PM, said:

There are PC users I play with too, so the version disparity just messes things up.
Tell me about it! And don't they just LOVE rubbin' yer nose in it too? I make a point of reminding them when I drop 'em that they're just been eliminated by a Mac. :P
Proud member of {**9**}*TheNiners*. Hoofin' PC booty in MoH and CoD.

#54 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:45 PM

{**9**}*CaptainQuark*, on January 25th 2005, 12:32 PM, said:

Tell me about it! And don't they just LOVE rubbin' yer nose in it too? I make a point of reminding them when I drop 'em that they're just been eliminated by a Mac. :P

View Post

Yeah, they do love rubbin it in... but, I just come right back at em with the fact that PC programming is so crappy that they can't even release a simple patch without having a huge flaw in it.   :lol:
-iMac

Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

#55 c15zyx

c15zyx

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:45 PM

The iMac Man, on January 25th 2005, 11:45 AM, said:

Yeah, they do love rubbin it in... but, I just come right back at em with the fact that PC programming is so crappy that they can't even release a simple patch without having a huge flaw in it.   :lol:

View Post

Don't say anything tho, or they'll mention the mac Halo update (the short-lived broken movement key bug). :)

#56 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:58 PM

c15zyx, on January 25th 2005, 01:45 PM, said:

Don't say anything tho, or they'll mention the mac Halo update (the short-lived broken movement key bug). :)

View Post

I don't think PC users have any idea about that kind of stuff on the Mac... I'd be surprised if they even knew we had Halo on the Mac!   :P

And, Halo doesn't count...

#1 - Microsoft is behind it.

#2 - It hasn't been the most "Mac-like" game with it's patches.... the first 3 or so patches were simply to try to stop piracy, and did nothing as far as improving the game.  One of the patches actually made it so you HAD to insert the CD, which was once not needed.  To me, that is the exact OPPOSITE of customer support.  It's obvious MacSoft only cares about the customers they don't have... and not the ones they do have.

Everything about that game screams PC to me.... even if it is on the Mac.   :huh:
-iMac

Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

#57 c15zyx

c15zyx

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:21 PM

The iMac Man, on January 25th 2005, 12:58 PM, said:

#1 - Microsoft is behind it.

#2 - It hasn't been the most "Mac-like" game with it's patches....
Some Microsoft FUD here... Microsoft != bad. Their MacBU unit is especially to be commended for the quality of Office 2k4 and recent work on VPC. Their PC unit isn't bad as well. Sure there are many bugs, but Macs have many bugs too. Look at Mac UT2k4... the community menu for mods doesn't work, we don't have access to dynamic shadows, motion-blur effects are unavailable, etc.

I have both CoD and Halo, and they are both Mac-Like, and in some cases Halo is slightly more. Halo and CoD have clean directories (ie have very few files), but in CoD's case this is a holdover from Quake-style directory organization. Even Halo's stuffit updater is better... it correctly sets the created and modified dates equal to the date corresponding with the version update, a use of classic Mac timestamping. As for piracy and cd-checking... even Halo isn't as obtrusive... I can get away with a disk image... however CoD forces the DVD during single player and not during multiplayer, which is just odd.

#58 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:50 PM

UT2k4 is a port of a PC program.

Halo is a port of a PC program, and not from MS's Mac unit.

I am still suspicious of MS's real plans behind buying VPC.....

Microsoft does equal bad.

Anyway, that's not the point of this thread.....
-iMac

Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

#59 Macs4me

Macs4me

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:54 PM

{**9**}*CaptainQuark*, on January 25th 2005, 11:48 AM, said:

:huh:  :unsure:  :(

Yesterday I could only find 6 servers running 1.41!

View Post

I feel your pain Captain, each couple of days brings fewer good servers for us to play on. The ones that are still on 1.4 are almost always full.  :(
LT. BadBoy

Mac Pro 2.88 X 4 (Single Core)   6 Gig, ATI HD 5770 1 MB vRAM

#60 Macs4me

Macs4me

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:03 PM

Any ideas why on the left side of my post i have this
Warn: (0%) ----- ? What is it for and how do I make it go away.

Sorry know I am slightly off topic.....
LT. BadBoy

Mac Pro 2.88 X 4 (Single Core)   6 Gig, ATI HD 5770 1 MB vRAM