How do u do a cliffhanger on MTX Mototrax?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chanki

chanki

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:10 AM

I recently bought the MTX Mototrax. But I haven't been able to pass the second level of the career mode which requires to do some tricks and other stuff. The thing is that I cannot do the trick called "Cliffhanger" which has the combination of keys down+up+s. Does anyone done it? Please help me.... Thank in advance
Dim

#2 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:14 AM

I recently bought the MTX Mototrax. But I haven't been able to pass the second level of the career mode which requires to do some tricks and other stuff. The thing is that I cannot do the trick called "Cliffhanger" which has the combination of keys down+up+s. Does anyone done it? Please help me.... Thank in advance
Dim

It's all in the timing.
You need to input the directionals (down + up) smoothly as you become airborne from a jump.    

It takes practice and these moves only get harder to do as you progress.  For example, that 360 degree mid-air rotation (forget it's name)...that's a tough one!

#3 Hypnosis

Hypnosis

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 10:34 PM

I'm having trouble doing a backflip..so you press up/down before you leave the ramp??then "A"???

#4 Aleksi

Aleksi

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 05:02 AM

I'm having trouble doing a backflip..so you press up/down before you leave the ramp??then "A"???

No, do it very fast just after you jumped.

#5 BoldDog7

BoldDog7

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 04:21 PM

hey ladies,
i was thinking about putting this game on my Christmas list.

i would like to get your apinion on the game and anything that yall think is cool about it?

#6 Aleksi

Aleksi

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:41 AM

This game is really fun! You really feel the speed when you boost up! You have very different game types like racing, freestyle, free rides (forest, construction site, etc...). You can edit you character, buy stuff, etc... It is also very fun to play multiplayer but unfortunally you won't find that many games online and people cannot join the game once it started... doh!

#7 BoldDog7

BoldDog7

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:20 AM

thanx man! sounds like its wery cool! i'll definately check it out.

#8 chanki

chanki

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:31 AM

i still can't do the cliffhanger. i don't know i spend most of the time just pressing the arrows. I can to the backflip but not the cliffhanger.... i am so upset that i can't move to the next level.... other than that the game rocks.

#9 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:09 AM

i still can't do the cliffhanger. i don't know i spend most of the time just pressing the arrows. I can to the backflip but not the cliffhanger.... i am so upset that i can't move to the next level.... other than that the game rocks.

I myself have problems doing certain moves.  The timing is a big part of it, but there are moments when I try and try and still can't get a particular move to come out right despite pressing the correct key sequence.  Just keep at it.  Try entering the moves quickly and at various points in your takeoff.

#10 toocoolracing

toocoolracing

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 05:20 PM

hey ladies,  
i was thinking about putting this game on my Christmas list.

i would like to get your apinion on the game and anything that yall think is cool about it?

I may be too late on this thread but the game is easily worth the $20. I'm an Intermediate level motocross racer in real life and what I think is cool about it is the realism. The physics, sounds, sites, etc have a realistic feel to them. Not a fake video game feel like many other games of this nature. This game on the Mac is a dream come true for me. Thought I'd never see a MX game on the Mac, much less a good one.

Anthony
Owner/Editor
www.michiganmotocross.com

#11 mangoman

mangoman

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:13 AM

Lovin' this game. Horribly addictive. My big beef with it is that the cheats don't work. Aspyr's response was, "Yep, they work."

??

I don't mean to hijack this thread -- believe me, this game is an incredible bargain. I just want my cheat codes, d@mmit!

*sigh*... what a great problem to have on a Sunday morning...