Joshua

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 03:53 PM

People, all I'm saying is: Gish!

http://www.gishgame.com/

This game is one of the most fun shareware games I've seen in a long time. It is incredibly addicting. What makes it so addicting is how realistic the physics are. It adds so much character and intrigue to the concept of controlling a blob of tar. I love it!

The only thing I would improve is the number of levels! I want more Gish goodness. Anybody else love this game?

Josh
QuickSilver G4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 1.12GB RAM - OS X 10.3.9
Dell P4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 512MB RAM - Windows XP SP2

#2 mtrank

mtrank

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 05:09 PM

I've heard great things about this game from all over, but haven't bothered to download it because of the high system requirements.  1 GHz for a shareware game!?!  My 700 MHz eMac doesn't come close although it handles some of the commercial game demos decently - Mototrax and CoD.

I know, I know.  It's time to get a new Mac.  Just waiting on the G5 eMac.  MacWorld - San Francisco - Jan. 10-14!!!

#3 Joshua

Joshua

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 05:15 PM

1 GHz for a shareware game!?!  My 700 MHz eMac doesn't come close although it handles some of the commercial game demos decently - Mototrax and CoD.
The physics engine is very sophisticated, so I'm not surprised. Quite honestly, it's more sophisticated than any FPS I've seen. But, on the flipside of course, the graphics are much simpler than modern FPS's.

ANYWAY.. I say try and download the demo! It should probably run, just not as nicely as the developer would prefer. Plus, they may have made the reqs based on Intel processors.

You can download it here.

Josh
QuickSilver G4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 1.12GB RAM - OS X 10.3.9
Dell P4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 512MB RAM - Windows XP SP2

#4 George the Flea

George the Flea

IMG Comma Junkie

• IMG Writers
  • 680 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 December 2004 - 10:24 PM

I've heard great things about this game from all over, but haven't bothered to download it because of the high system requirements.  1 GHz for a shareware game!?!  My 700 MHz eMac doesn't come close although it handles some of the commercial game demos decently - Mototrax and CoD.

Those system requirements are not particularly accurate.  See the third page of the IMG review: located here

If you don't want to bother with that, then here's the short version: it runs fine for me on a 700 mHz eMac, just slows down a little bit on a couple of the single player levels, which is slightly annoying, but happens rarely.  Download the demo; do it now.  Gish is arguably the best game I have played this year.
Ian
IMG Flunky

Me + web = Beckism.com | Tagamac | One Crayon