37 replies to this topic

#21 Magellan

Magellan

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:49 PM

Just wanted to quickly say that MTX works very well on my iShock II gamepad. I wish I knew some cheat codes because I've won a couple of races, but not the whole tournament, and therefore cannot upgrade my bike, etc.

I really wish more people would play this on Gameranger. I visit once or twice each evening, hoping to join...

A great game indeed!

#22 Aleksi

Aleksi

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 03:07 AM

The problem with the multiplayer side is that you cannot join a started game. You cannot chat in-game. Give it 15 minutes and you're all alone playing. Sad...

#23 Noema

Noema

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:33 PM

Since I've bought the game I've been enjoying it quite a bit but have run into a couple of problems.

I set a record for a jump of over 1,100 feet the other day. That'd be cool if I really made that jump, but instead I fell off a mountain into a kind of a gray Twilight Zone area. When I landed on the other side, I had apparently fell 1,100 feet, but it counted as a jump.

Then, after making it to the Everglades I found I could not complete the Follow the Leader objective because the directions for completing the first maneuver seemed to be mixed up. The Game asks me to do a Turntable as:

-->,<--,S

But I according to my Trick list (and the way it actually works) I have to go:

<--,-->,S

Aspyr tech support suggested a complete reinstall into a new directory, permissions fix, and something about dancing under the moon. I won't be able to get to all that for a while yet, so I'd be interested if anyone else has had this problem, or is it just me.

#24 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:51 PM

Noema, on January 14th 2005, 02:33 PM, said:

Since I've bought the game I've been enjoying it quite a bit but have run into a couple of problems.

I set a record for a jump of over 1,100 feet the other day. That'd be cool if I really made that jump, but instead I fell off a mountain into a kind of a gray Twilight Zone area. When I landed on the other side, I had apparently fell 1,100 feet, but it counted as a jump.

Then, after making it to the Everglades I found I could not complete the Follow the Leader objective because the directions for completing the first maneuver seemed to be mixed up. The Game asks me to do a Turntable as:

-->,<--,S

But I according to my Trick list (and the way it actually works) I have to go:

<--,-->,S

Aspyr tech support suggested a complete reinstall into a new directory, permissions fix, and something about dancing under the moon. I won't be able to get to all that for a while yet, so I'd be interested if anyone else has had this problem, or is it just me.

View Post

I haven't experienced the either of the two problems that you listed, but the other night when I joined a multiplayer game via GameRanger, my control scheme got screwed up.  Whenever I pressed the clutch key (Q) the in-game menu screen would toggle for some reason.  After quitting the current session and joining another game, everything was fine.  
Seems like there are a few bugs in the game.

#25 Noema

Noema

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:59 PM

MacProject, on January 14th 2005, 12:51 PM, said:

I haven't experienced the either of the two problems that you listed, but the other night when I joined a multiplayer game via GameRanger, my control scheme got screwed up.  Whenever I pressed the clutch key (Q) the in-game menu screen would toggle for some reason.  After quitting the current session and joining another game, everything was fine. 
Seems like there are a few bugs in the game.

View Post

Could you clarify that a bit for me. Have you been to the Everglades area yet, and been able to complete the Follow the Leader objective?

Thanks.

#26 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:19 PM

Noema, on January 14th 2005, 12:33 PM, said:

Aspyr tech support suggested a complete reinstall into a new directory, permissions fix, and something about dancing under the moon.

The tech support at Aspyr is really slipping if they told you to dance under the moon but neglected to say that you had to be wearing nothing but a hat fashioned from a clubbed wombat.  You kids got it easy anyway, in my day we had to jam a bone through our nose.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#27 Noema

Noema

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:37 PM

the Battle Cat, on January 14th 2005, 01:19 PM, said:

Noema, on January 14th 2005, 12:33 PM, said:

Aspyr tech support suggested a complete reinstall into a new directory, permissions fix, and something about dancing under the moon.

The tech support at Aspyr is really slipping if they told you to dance under the moon but neglected to say that you had to be wearing nothing but a hat fashioned from a clubbed wombat.  You kids got it easy anyway, in my day we had to jam a bone through our nose.

View Post

Sorry, its going to be like 20 below tonight, I'm not man enough for that  :o

#28 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 04:36 PM

Noema, on January 14th 2005, 02:59 PM, said:

Could you clarify that a bit for me. Have you been to the Everglades area yet, and been able to complete the Follow the Leader objective?

I haven't played the single player mode in weeks...mostly multiplayer at the moment, so no I haven't gotten to the Everglades area yet.  But I have experienced (and heard about) other little glitches regarding this game like for example my control setup glitch.

#29 Noema

Noema

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 09:28 AM

Well, dancing under the moon while wearing a toque was apparently enough to solve my problem. Turns out that both <--,-->, S and -->,<--,S are Turntable maneuvers. One going clockwise and the other counter-clockwise.

I was just suffering from a little frustration at the touchy controls. Still, I wish someone would take away the automated reply button from Aspyr tech support.

Sorry for wasting peoples time with my own incompetance.

#30 turbojugend

turbojugend

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:12 AM

Does anybody know how to change screen size to other combinations than the three alternatives listed in startup mode? Id like to see how this mutha looks in my PBs native 1280x854!

#31 Flavum

Flavum

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:24 AM

Aleksi, on January 5th 2005, 03:41 AM, said:

Yes, i read most dual G4's where experiencing this problem. I have it as well. Aspyr's support has been just useless...
I heard it was because of the 2 processor chips of these computers. If you use CHUD after installing the developer tools you can turn off one processor and the game should run fine. I still haven't tried yet.

View Post

How exactly do I disable one processor on my G4 Dual 1.25ghz? I've got CHUD installed, but it consists of several applications, none of which have an obvious "single processor" mode option. I also don't want to majorly screw anything up.

MTX crashes like a banshee on my machine, and I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks a million - Tom.

#32 Aleksi

Aleksi

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 05:29 PM

turbojugend, on January 20th 2005, 03:12 AM, said:

Does anybody know how to change screen size to other combinations than the three alternatives listed in startup mode? Id like to see how this mutha looks in my PBs native 1280x854!

View Post

I could'nt get it to work either. I'm just waiting for an update from Aspyr... which will take ages... as usual... :glare:

#33 mangoman

mangoman

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 07:27 PM

[quote name='Prometheus' date='January 8th 2005, 01:11 AM']
And to return some great advice (I hope): If you're playing Mototrax, you REALLY need to use the space bar to get the most air over jumps. Changed the whole game for me.
[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]
Thanks man!
I did not realize that... :o  :D
[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]

No prob. Gotta say, this game, for a measly 20 clams, just keeps on giving and giving. Finally made it to the XGames and I'm lovin' it! Too much fun. And for 20 bucks!

#34 skully25

skully25

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:03 PM

well after nagging bout the fact that i couldnt get mototrax at the price they're selling em everywhere else in the world i finaly got lucky and my dad brought it home from london for like 15 quid

first off, game is really really nice, runs smooth in freeride and freestyle, tends to be a bit laggy when doin SX or MX races but that's cause i only run a G4 876 and not a 1 ghz that's posted as recommended, nonetheless, thanks to my geforce4 ti and my gig of ram that kinda evens it out so all and all it runs smooth

what i can't get over is the fact that it will crash a without a reason, first i thought it was caused by button bashing cause the first time it crashed i was trying to pull some tricks in the first free ride level, but when it crashed again during the final lap of the last event of an SX series i got a lil frustrated because it crashed for no noticable reason

now since there are more ppl here who have dealt with sudden crashes i think it's a serious issue that should be checked out, all and all a great game with some nice extras, and i'll love it even more when i can make it stop crashing :blush: :P

#35 skully25

skully25

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:35 AM

eventhough i'm always optimistic, this is really starting to get on my nerves

i am not able to complete the third race in the first MX series cause it keeps crashing, and i don't have a clue why, i restarted like 8 times already and can't get through that third race, i can't even complete one lap without crashing to my desktop

i got lucky to finish the first SX series cause it decided not to crash for once in the last race
changing resolution doesnt help, i got everything turned, no fsaa, no shadows, no nothing and still it crashes :angry:

any help would really be appriciated

edit: now it decided to crash in the first race of the first mx series as well... :glare:

#36 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:49 AM

skully25, on March 31st 2005, 11:35 AM, said:

eventhough i'm always optimistic, this is really starting to get on my nerves

i am not able to complete the third race in the first MX series cause it keeps crashing, and i don't have a clue why, i restarted like 8 times already and can't get through that third race, i can't even complete one lap without crashing to my desktop

i got lucky to finish the first SX series cause it decided not to crash for once in the last race
changing resolution doesnt help, i got everything turned, no fsaa, no shadows, no nothing and still it crashes :angry:

any help would really be appriciated

View Post

That's odd as I've never had the game crash on me before.  THe only error I had was once before a multiplayer game, for some reason the game forgot my key mappings, but after a relaunch of the app all was well.

What sort of Mac are you running the game with?  Worst case scenario, maybe try to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that clears it up.

#37 skully25

skully25

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:59 AM

MacProject, on March 31st 2005, 09:49 AM, said:

That's odd as I've never had the game crash on me before.  THe only error I had was once before a multiplayer game, for some reason the game forgot my key mappings, but after a relaunch of the app all was well.

What sort of Mac are you running the game with?  Worst case scenario, maybe try to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that clears it up.

View Post

running a G4 876 powermac, dual but that doesn't matter, 1 gig of ram and 128 mb videocard

but trust me it doesn't have anything to do with lag or performance of my computer, even if my computer was slow, then it should just lag up when i'm playing, and not crash like it does now
and looking at previous replies i see some ppl are also experiencing crashes, even when they meet the system requirements

just now i was running first place in the second race, everything going smooth and it bugged out on me again, i can't think of any reason why it would crash, i got nothing running in the background, first i thought it was crashed cause of lag, because up till now it crashed when it was running a bit choppy but with my last crash to desktop that theory can be scrapped out, i even tried playing on the lowest resolution with distance fog, nothing helps

i really don't have a clue why it crashes, all i kno is it's a nice game, very addictive and i luv playing it, but them crashes are really starting to piss me off
and if i recall correctly it only crashes in SX or MX races, i have yet to encounter a crash in free ride or freestyle...

in total i had about 25 CTD's already and i just got the game yesterday :(

edit: remember bout the no crashing free ride or freestyle, well it does after all :glare:

#38 skully25

skully25

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:39 AM

righty, did everything humanly possible to make it stop crashing but it just won't

changed grafic settings, changed resolution, did a complete reinstall, deleted old savegames which i thought could be corrupt or something, installed in different directories just to be sure, nothing is running in the background when i play so that can't cause problems either, after reinstallation it even started crashing in levels where i didn't have any problems before

Nothing has worked so far it just keeps crashing at random, performance has nothing to do with it, i installed it on my ibook as well, i got like 5 fps out of it on most sections (sometimes it went smooth) but in the 4 races i rode, it did not crash eventhough it went slow as hell, the 4 races i did were the 4 from the first MX series, on my powermac it would always crash in the third race (couldnt even complete the first lap) or sometimes even in the second

i'm totaly lost on this one, and since i'm not the only one with this problem aspyr better check this out and come up with a solution, i'm tired of being an "after release beta tester", is it to much to ask for a game that will play without crashing every 10 minutes for no reason :huh:

and i still wonder why my desktop cursor doesnt go away when i'm ingame...