105 replies to this topic

#41 Markovich

Markovich

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 11:41 AM

I visited our local Apple Store on Friday, no luck. The local Micro Center didnt have it either. Hopefully sometime this week.

Mark
2.8GHZ 24" iMac with 4gb RAM, 512MB,NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
13" MacBook
Obsession 15" telescope
Kernel Panic on COD-UO MP

#42 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 06:23 PM

I can't stand walking into my local CompUSA store anyway, because all the employees have such a bad attitude about Macs. It's disgusting.

I hear that!  I don't have a CompUSA around here, so when my band went on tour I was excited to visit my first CompUSA.

Well, like you, I got nothing but a bad attitude about Macs.... I actually ended up telling one of the employees that he was "a completely ignorant moron, and a PC-using waste of life."  I then told him to get a real job.    lol
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#43 Joshua

Joshua

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:13 AM

Last time I was in there, I complained to the General Manager (who just so happened to be nearby) that there are always boxes or ladders or other stockroom equipment in front of Macs or Mac software. His response--as the General Manager of the store--was, "Well, we have no place to put it, so we put it at the least-shopped place in the store." When I expressed my disappointment in the store's attitude of Apple, he condescendingly smiled, patted my back, and walked away.

Gag me.

I have many other experiences, too many to number. In general, CompUSA salespeople are sleazy and don't give a crap about the customer. All they care about is their freaking store warranties that they shove in your face. And if you don't buy their store warranty, you better keep an eye on your product when they retrieve it from the stockroom, because god knows what they'll do to it to spite you for not buying their freaking warranties. This is sad but true. Ridiculous.

The CompUSA I've visited in Madison isn't half-bad, but the one in Rockford (my hometown) is just ridiculous. I am not lying when I say my blood pressure rises just by walking through their doors.

Josh
QuickSilver G4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 1.12GB RAM - OS X 10.3.9
Dell P4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 512MB RAM - Windows XP SP2

#44 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17381 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:31 AM

My COD: UO shipped yesterday.  It is on some USP truck somewhere on the road getting it's face mashed into the butt of another package.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#45 tman

tman

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 12:21 PM

Just picked up my copy at the CompUSA here. They had a ton of them.

#46 Joshua

Joshua

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 12:39 PM

Just picked up my copy at the CompUSA here. They had a ton of them.
Their website still does not have United Offensive for Mac even listed as a product, much less shown as available in stock. That is so irritating. "Oh, just look online, the website's always up-to-date." Morons.

I'm about to go to lunch; maybe I'll stop in and see if it's there.

Josh

#47 tthiel

tthiel

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:05 PM

I bought an HP POcket PC ($649) yesterday at a CompUsa and they tried to sell me their extended warranty.  I wanted proof that they would replace it with a new one and that even if I borke ti they would replace it.  They had no detailed information their extended warrnaty.  I said why should I pay $100 for an extended warranty just on your word?, then left without the extended warranty.

Last time I was in there, I complained to the General Manager (who just so happened to be nearby) that there are always boxes or ladders or other stockroom equipment in front of Macs or Mac software. His response--as the General Manager of the store--was, "Well, we have no place to put it, so we put it at the least-shopped place in the store." When I expressed my disappointment in the store's attitude of Apple, he condescendingly smiled, patted my back, and walked away.

Gag me.

I have many other experiences, too many to number. In general, CompUSA salespeople are sleazy and don't give a crap about the customer. All they care about is their freaking store warranties that they shove in your face. And if you don't buy their store warranty, you better keep an eye on your product when they retrieve it from the stockroom, because god knows what they'll do to it to spite you for not buying their freaking warranties. This is sad but true. Ridiculous.

The CompUSA I've visited in Madison isn't half-bad, but the one in Rockford (my hometown) is just ridiculous. I am not lying when I say my blood pressure rises just by walking through their doors.

Josh

#48 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:11 PM

I am officially now boycotting CompUSA.
-iMac

Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

#49 eschatz

eschatz

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:47 PM

I got mine today in the mail from Amazon
Edward

#50 monkeyphonix

monkeyphonix

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 12:33 AM

They just got it in at my local AppleStore here in Sydney. Can't imagine its quicker to get here than Stateside!??

#51 eschatz

eschatz

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:08 AM

Wow, I have to say the part of the Battle of the Bulge when the entire division comes running over the hill and it's your team versus them.....all you have is your MG34.........is @$#^#$^# awesome
Edward

#52 eschatz

eschatz

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 03:28 AM

Unfortunately though, I've run into a few bugs. Occasionally I get "dead entity is not an object" error message and the game crashes. It doesn't crash the entire application, just reverts me back to the main menu.
Edward

#53 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 06:06 AM

I've been getting the same thing in the second single player level. Dialog box saying "dead entity is not an entity" and back to the main menu. :(

I've also had the entire program crash once. I sent the crash log in to Aspyr support, so we'll see what happens.

#54 Auron

Auron

Billowing Smokestack of BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 10:05 AM

How's the performance with the expansion? It looked alot more graphics/processor intensive and I just meet the system requirements for the original.

#55 eschatz

eschatz

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 10:39 AM

I'm not a fair arbiter of performance because I have dual 2ghz/9800/1.5 gigs of RAM
Edward

#56 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 10:54 AM

Performance seems about the same in the expansion. However, there is now the option to turn off the shell-shock screen blurring, which will be of great benefit to those with lower-end systems.

#57 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17381 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 11:23 AM

I've been getting the same thing in the second single player level. Dialog box saying "dead entity is not an entity" and back to the main menu. :(

I've also had the entire program crash once. I sent the crash log in to Aspyr support, so we'll see what happens.

That's the "corpse humping" error message!  Finally Aspyr has taken steps to abolish this shameful display of immature and prideful player behavior!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#58 Joshua

Joshua

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 01:30 PM

How's the performance with the expansion? It looked alot more graphics/processor intensive and I just meet the system requirements for the original.
I would join The iMac Man in boycotting CompUSA, but when it comes right down to it, I'm letting them win if I suffer by the boycott, and they're the best local place to get a new piece of Mac software, being that the nearest Apple store is an hour away.

I did get the game on my lunchbreak yesterday. At first glance (after turning up all the settings like I do for the original), it appeared to run noticeably slower than the original, but setting the trilinear graphics down to just bilinear made a huge difference. Between that and bumping down the graphics from "Maximum" to "Higher" (which I practically can't even tell the difference), it looks great and runs better. :-D

If anyone gets a chance, check out my server, "BioHazardBandits". :-)

Josh

#59 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 01:30 PM

That's the "corpse humping" error message!  Finally Aspyr has taken steps to abolish this shameful display of immature and prideful player behavior!

LOL!
-iMac

Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

#60 MaD Ed

MaD Ed

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 03:38 PM

Has anyone experienced any lag issues in UO yet?
Is there any one with a G4 800mhz 32 mb geforce2mx or simliar that has tried UO?