105 replies to this topic

#101 RankRotten

RankRotten

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:29 PM

I have had no problems with CoD:UO whatsoever. Fantastic fun and finished the three single player missions in around six or seven hours solid.

See you in multiplayer...

____

Dual 2GHz G5, 1.5MB ram, Radeon 9800. 10.3.6

#102 Joshua

Joshua

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:52 PM

If this is something worthwhile to do then it should be in the game options. I use a Mac for its simplicity and graphical interface. If I wanted to go around typing in strings of text to tell my computer what to do I would be using a different OS.  

Aspyr, or whoever is responsible for UO expansion really dropped the ball.
Greg, it is when Mac enthusiasts act like this that the other 90%+ of the computing industry gets turned off to the Apple Way. And your 6 years of Mac experience mean nothing to me. I know people who have had Mac experience for twice as long and they're just as bad as you or worse, because the problem is in their attitude--they refuse to go beyond their very restricted comfort zone.

Anyway, you don't want to upgrade your hardware solely for gaming? Fine, good. That shows balance on your part; it shows you use your Mac as more than a game machine, as all Mac users should (because a Mac is so much more). But don't whine when 2-year old hardware can't run brand new releases up-to-snuff without any tweaking. Same goes with the config files (which as a programmer I laughed when you called that programming). The developers provide access to all the most important settings via the game's GUI. But to avoid confusing people like you with a myriad settings for technical stuff, they make the rest accessible only via config files.

And again you say Aspyr dropped the ball. I sympathize with frustration, and all the more so since you're not getting much empathy on the forum either. But what I called "stupid" previously was, not you or your skill, but the deduction that Aspyr dropped the ball here. Maybe your system is totally hosed and its not Aspyr's fault? Maybe not, but coming to that conclusion so quickly is just irritating and incorrect. A company drops the ball when you've got a forum full of complaints like yours. But you're the only one. For instance, all the complaints about the "undefined objects or entities" in SP. Someone dropped the ball, and Tesseract showed us that Aspyr indicates it was a bug in the original PC code. THOSE people have a right to complain. /Rant

I don't want to argue with you, I just hope you'll back off Aspyr's case and acknowledge that maybe you ought to attempt to tweak some things and look into some potential problems in your specific system.

Josh
QuickSilver G4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 1.12GB RAM - OS X 10.3.9
Dell P4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 512MB RAM - Windows XP SP2

#103 iGreg

iGreg

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:37 PM

Joshua, you do spend alot of time writing pointless condescension. Frankly, I have no interest in your opinion.

#104 monkeyphonix

monkeyphonix

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:26 PM

Man, is this foolish AND petulant members week or something? Why wasn't I warned?!

Bloody zulu, prometheus, his brother and now this simpleton. Editing a config file hardly constitutes programing. If you don't want to get your hands dirty with a bit of system optimisation then you should go back to the XBOX. By the way, Glenda posted a work around to this problem on one of the other numerous UO threads.

No wonder Whale man resigned.

#105 Joshua

Joshua

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 03:02 AM

Man, is this foolish AND petulant members week or something? Why wasn't I warned?!
Seriously. :-D  I think I'm going to take a hiatus for the remainder of the week, because I'm only starting to contribute to the nonsense as my irritation mounts, and that's no good. I apologize for the crap I pulled that could've been more thoughtfully worded. . . . I need the extra time to work on the Linux Dedicated Server I'm settin' up for CoD:UO, anyway. :-D

Josh
QuickSilver G4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 1.12GB RAM - OS X 10.3.9
Dell P4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 512MB RAM - Windows XP SP2

#106 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17431 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 December 2004 - 11:03 AM

Deep breaths everybody.  If iGreg is annoying you then ignore him, name calling isn't called for and nothing gets solved when it starts getting emotional.  iGreg, these people are trying to help you.  This forum has a LOT of very savvy gamers, listen to what your experts are telling you.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat