141 replies to this topic

#141 Zatoichi

Zatoichi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 04:36 PM

For anyone not interested in WoW because of Cost reasons and such, I suggest you check out the multi-player of Neverwinter Nights. There are 100s of Persistant World Servers out there, and best of all, the multi-player is free!

I will admit that if you find the right NWN PW servers the gameplay and community can be quite nice. Be careful tho... more than a few servers suffer from Battle.net syndrome. (Jerks and kids whose mouths should be washed out with car battery acid.) Not to say WoW is not without flaw in this arena... which is another reason I joined a guild.. I swear if I had to read one more 'Fag' or 'Fagget' (yes they often mispell it) I was gonna flip out and heads were gonna start flyin.

Z.

#142 kcurry

kcurry

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:50 PM

I continue to have server problems. I got assigned to the Blackhand server at random and I can't get a character list to come up, although I seem to be able to log on to the server itself. Blizzard shows MEDIUM activity. I hate to think what it would be like if it was HIGH activity. Granted that this is the first week for this game, but they really need to work the capacity issues out if they expect people to pay for this. I really like this game, but I'm not going to pay if the only time I can expect to have reasonable access to the game is on non-peak hours. Hell, Battle.net was free, had a quarter of a million people on it at any given time and I never had this many problems.