Billowing Smokestack of BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:56 PM

The_O, on September 12th 2005, 03:20 PM, said:

Get more RAM.

View Post

I second that one. Loads of Ram will help your WoW preformance greatly, especially if you have a lower spec machine.

#82 danny_gasperini

danny_gasperini

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 06:57 PM

mr. jingles, on December 16th 2004, 07:22 AM, said:

So basically at 1024x640 I get 20-30 fps in town and outside, at 1680x1050 I get about 10-20 fps in town and outside. But while the fps is different it plays almost identically choppy. Stranger still is that if i pop out to window mode it is noticeably smoother overall. I can't really tolerate playing that way though. So I have been playing on the higher res because it looks better and plays about the same.
I am not sure if this is typical or not, just thought I would share my experience. I have a 20 inch iMac G5 upgraded to 2GB RAM.

View Post

The "chop" that you see is probably a function of the game loading new graphics/npc's/reading from your HD when you head into a new area. Once you move into these areas and turn/pan around, the "chop" should disappear after a few seconds and then all should be smooth. This has certainly been my experience. Even in Ogrimmar with >50 players in the city centre!

#83 gumpmac

gumpmac

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:49 AM

i have never owned any kind of cumputer and just ordered one two days ago so please forgive my ignorance. im getting an imac it is a 2ghz g5 with 2 gb of ram ATI Radeon 9600 128MB DDR video memory.  i want to know how it will run world of warcraft, should i bother buying it?

#84 The_O

The_O

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:45 PM

It will run just fine.

#85 gumpmac

gumpmac

• Members
  • 5 posts