161 replies to this topic

#161 Macmeister

Macmeister

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:29 AM

I'm aware of their purposefulness or not. But fact of the matter is, I'm the only mac at the lan parties (second best computer there overall), and I host all the games (stability is the main factor), so it is imperative that cross-platform be there. Now if I just wanted to play with myself (insert immature jokes here) or with random people (I REALLY hate random people), the sure whatever. But personally, I'd much rather play with my friends (insert more dirty jokes here).
That's why I also wrote this part:  ; )

On the other hand, there are those who would like to do multiplayer with their PC-using friends (not necessarily in the GameSpy-type forums), who simply will find it won't be useful for them to buy the game, if all they have are PC-using friends to play the game with.  That's an understandable decision -- is that perhaps what you meant, as opposed to "boycott"?

#162 Auron

Auron

Billowing Smokestack of BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:40 PM

as per the original posting/poster, I too will be boycotting multiplayer mainly games that do not support crossplatform multiplaying

Boycotting Any Mac Games=Stupid.

Facts:
-Companies know people want Mac-PC Multi-player
-Companies due their best to include this
-Companies can't always do this because of factors such as direct-play
-DEAL WITH IT
-Boycotting Games without Mac-PC Multi-player accomplishes nothing
-Mac developers aren't being "lazy" when this is left out. Its because its not possible

Folks, fact of the matter is developers can't always make games Mac-PC Multi-player. Its not because they hate you. Its not because they're lazy. And its certainly not because they didn't try. It sucks, but until PC people stop using a certain Microsoft protocal, its going to happen. The best thing you can do for this games is buy them, and play their multi-player so that A.) There are people online to play against and B.) So that developers don't avoid good titles only because they're afraid of this scenario. PC developers seem to use Direct-play alot less these days, so hopefully this wont even be an issue. Blizzard has shown the success of the Cross-Platform model, and eventually people will catch on.