2 replies to this topic

#1 Brian877

Brian877

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 12:02 PM

I have a new Dual 2.5 G5 w/1GB DDR SDRAM and a 128MB Graphic card running at 1920 x 1200 in 32-bit color. I installed this game Oct. 3rd.
Sonn after I installed both patches from Aspyr.

In game, I have graphical settings to maximum quality. Issues i am experiencing:

1. Invisible buildings. Building will reappear temporarily when i hover the query tool over it, but building disappears immediatley after tool is moved away.

2. Transparency in in the Info Map mode is inconsistent. Opaque colors replace translucent colors.

3. Day and night cycle. Squares of the grid do not update correctly in tandem with the color pallete of a particular time of day (warm colors on buildings indicating dusk and brighter afternoon colors in within the perimeter of buildings.

Perhaps related to my graphic woes, SimCity 4 crashes after about an hour of play, everytime. I haven't any programs active but iTunes.

I don't know what to do about this. Just posting to let others know. I know Aspyr reps read these forums, so i hope they see this. Will another patch be issued soon? Or do i have to buy Rush Hour to fix these problems (assuming it does)?

All the best.

#2 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 October 2004 - 12:26 PM

3. Day and night cycle. Squares of the grid do not update correctly in tandem with the color pallete of a particular time of day (warm colors on buildings indicating dusk and brighter afternoon colors in within the perimeter of buildings.

Would that one fit with the know issue 1003 on Apsyr's  support page for SimCity 4?. I don't know about the others, but I would suggest you use the support form linked on the same page to actually send them a bug report so they don't have to go out and actively hunt for bugs on forums. It speeds things up to actually use the official way of reporting them.
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#3 Brian877

Brian877

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:06 PM

[quote name='" I don't know about the others' date=' but I would suggest you use the support form linked on the same page to actually send them a bug report so they don't have to go out and actively hunt for bugs on forums. It speeds things up to actually use the official way of reporting them.[/quote']

Thanks for the link. I have submitted my problems with Aspyr.