New Hornet and Joystick not working

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pbissell

pbissell

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:32 PM

I cannot get my Logitech Freedom joystick to work with the new Hornet at all. If I select any of the joystick settings, the usb keyboard doesn't work at all and of course if I just select 'mouse' my joystick doesn't work at all.
Any help would be great as there is nothing even remotely Mac related on the Graphsim site.

P

#2 Cellman

Cellman

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 04:01 PM

What a let down.  GraphSim releases a flight sim, and their support for joyticks is piss poor.  I have 2 joyticks, the Saitek cyborg 3D and the X45.  The progam does not recognize the rudder or the throttle on either set-up.  Aileron is recognized, but there is no was to calibrate it-so in my case, I can only turn left!

#3 gscjeff

gscjeff

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:31 AM

We have encountered some joystick control problems on a variety of controllers.  This is obviously a big problem for those who use any of the affected sticks.  We are currently working on a system to program the axes and buttons of any HID compliant stick.  This should solve the problem.  It will be available for download from the graphsim.com site or if you have more questions please email me at jeff@graphsim.com.

#4 bikeboy

bikeboy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 01:18 PM

"gscjeff" said:

We have encountered some joystick control problems on a variety of controllers.  This is obviously a big problem for those who use any of the affected sticks.  We are currently working on a system to program the axes and buttons of any HID compliant stick.  This should solve the problem.  It will be available for download from the graphsim.com site or if you have more questions please email me at jeff@graphsim.com.

Still doesn't work with the Logitech Freedom 2.4 wireless joystick.  When can we expect a fix for this?

#5 Mabou2@mac.com

Mabou2@mac.com

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 01:21 PM

Rats.... I wish GSC would actually commit to supporting the Mac.  

I too have a joystick that is not supported... The Microsoft Sidewinder.

USB Overdrive can get it working a bit, but not that good.  You have to program all of the options within USBO, then tell Hornet that you are steering with a mouse (keyboard).  The joystick works at that point, but the control is horrible.  

CMON GSC!!!!  I paid $40 for an ancient game that is barely updated to work on OSX... I kinda feel like a fool.

Why don't you update the graphics a bit eh?

#6 bikeboy

bikeboy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:14 PM

That the game itself hasn't been updated significantly doesn't bother me - we knew that from the previews.  The real issue is the lack of joystick support.  If Graphsim knew about the issue and went ahead and released the game anyway, then they deserve to be boycotted.  In my view, as a former programmer, it seems unlikely they didn't know that many popular, HID compatible joysticks didn't work with their game.  This kind of crap really pisses me off.

#7 |420| Harm

|420| Harm

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 04:45 AM

Joystick Beta Patch:

66.159.17.22/FA-18-OIF-102b2.sit    

Just copy&paste into browser.

Fixes joystick problems atleast. And soon Gameranger will give Multiplayer support i hear.

Lots of new add-on graphics, new clouds,runway,afterburner etc etc:

http://www.fa-18hornet.com/psf_oif.htm

What we really need Jeff...Is online missions to work instead of only FFA map.

#8 bikeboy

bikeboy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 06:56 PM

I applied the 2b patch a week ago (it's been on the Graphsim site for a while) - still doesn't work with my Logitech cordless stick.

12" PowerBook 1.33 GHz

#9 pbissell

pbissell

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 07:10 PM

Applied Patch - Patch doesn't work for me either
Can't bring up the "Callibration Mode" with CMD or CTL - "T" no matter what.
Very dissapointed...

#10 |420| Harm

|420| Harm

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:33 PM

oi thats crappy

#11 Cellman

Cellman

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:29 AM

My Saitek Cyborg 3D stick was not recognized using the original version release.  Now with the 102b2 patch, it is recognized perfectly.  Both cntrl.J and cntrl.T function, but it is still a piss poor way to implement such a critical function.