84 replies to this topic

#81 Dimpfinator

Dimpfinator

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:40 PM

10.3.6 is working excellently on my Powerbook, and it has fixed the low FPS problem, as well as slow mouse bug.

~Dimpfinator

#82 CJM

CJM

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 02:11 PM

I just upgraded to 10.3.6 and Homeworld II is running on my eMac smooth as silk with no graphic or mouse issues. Haven't tried multiplayer.  

On a side note, how does one set a rally point. I choose the option and then try clicking where I want it to go but to no avail.

Rally points are relatively simple:

Press the W key (or the key assigned to rally points)
Click on the first location (left mouse button)
Click on other locations, holding left mouse for vertical movement
Press W when finished to initiate rally point movement.

- Chris
Bored and such.

#83 LMOP

LMOP

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 05:43 AM

No, you are describing waypoints which are different. Waypoints allow you to plot a complicated course for your existing, selected ships to follow - navigating dust clouds for cover for example. Rally points are locations that newly created ships are automatically sent to (the point can also be another ship). These are very useful because it allows you to have reinforcements sent straight into combat rather than hanging around near their construction vessel which is usually held back from any engagement.

Select the construction vessel(s) you want to set the rally point for and press 'P' to get a standard "movement" disc and set your rally point. However, I think there is a bug in here because it works fine for the first location but any subsequent destinations seem to be ignored - the first location is always used. Having said that, I didn't investigate it too much as I tend to use the rally object command instead since I want reinforcements to follow my forces round the map. To do that, press command-P and drag-select a ship. (You must drag-select your target otherwise it will be interpreted as a "select ship" command - that's a bug too IMO).

#84 CJM

CJM

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 05:09 PM

Ah right. Well thats a useful tip for me too. :)
Bored and such.

#85 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 03:30 PM

petey700, on November 16th 2004, 10:30 AM, said:

I just upgraded to 10.3.6 and Homeworld II is running on my eMac smooth as silk with no graphic or mouse issues. Haven't tried multiplayer.

No matter what I do, I can't seem get this fabled "smooth as silk" gameplay on my 1.25 Ghz eMac (Radeon 9200) + 768MB ram.  As far as I can tell, I have all the settings set to the minimums and have experimented with the mouse settings but still get a very choppy level of scrolling and laggy cursor control.

I'm running 10.3.7 plus the latest HW2 patch is installed.  
Is 10.3.7. the root of the choppy performance?  Should I downgrade back to 10.3.6?