5 replies to this topic

#1 iGreg

iGreg

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:44 AM

I meet all minimums and exceed a few & yet Republic is very clunky and not playable on my iMac G4. The cursor is very hard to control.

#2 Sudoer

Sudoer

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 09:15 AM

Doh!  Because I just bought it.  It does have very steep graphics requirements due to the high polygon rendering engine, Totality.  I don't know how to fix your problem.  Tried turning down the graphics settings or updating your drivers?

I wonder how it will run on my G5.  I'll keep you posted.  Is the game fun?

#3 Aleksi

Aleksi

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 12:27 PM

Well, don't expect miracles with the specs you have.

#4 iGreg

iGreg

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 12:56 PM

I don't expert super performance. However, I do expect it to be reasonably  playable, since I meet or exceed ALL minimum specs. It is not reasonably playable.

My full specs:

iMac G4 17"
1 GHz
OS 10.3.4
768 MB RAM
64 MB video RAM
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX graphics processor

With over 50 GB of free space on my hard drive.

#5 a2daj

a2daj

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3400 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:38 PM

I don't expert super performance. However, I do expect it to be reasonably  playable, since I meet or exceed ALL minimum specs. It is not reasonably playable.

My full specs:

iMac G4 17"
1 GHz
OS 10.3.4
768 MB RAM
64 MB video RAM
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX graphics processor

With over 50 GB of free space on my hard drive.

HD space isn't going to improve game play.  You barely meet the 1 GHz CPU requirement, but that system lacks an L3 cache, which can affect performance in CPU heavy games.  The GF4MX card sucks, plain and simple.  The CPU is the big issue with Republic with the GPU the next bottleneck. So you're essentially at the minimum requirements.  There's a lot of games that while meet the minimum requirements, are barely what others would call playable.
Dual 2.5 GHz G5-RADEON X800 -4 GB RAM-Revo 7.1
MBP 2.0GHz -Mobility RADEON X1600-2 GB RAM

#6 Stickboy

Stickboy

Heroic

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 03:21 PM

Turn all thr graphics settings down to their absolute lowest, and play in Thousands of colours. The GeForce 4MX won't be able to support FSAA, so at least you don't have to be concerned about that.

Minimum specs mean just that - the absolute lowest specs you can have to play the game and for it still to be playable. So you shouldn't expect amazing (or possibly even fair) performance when the best your gonna get is adequate.
--to label yourself is to limit yourself--