Nascar 2003 axis configuration problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pedro88

Pedro88

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:53 PM

Originally, I purchased a Logitech MOMO racing wheel to use with Nascar Racing Season 2003 on OS 10.3.3.  Unfortunately, though, within a few the pedals broke - they kept recalibrating themselves, which I learned was a common problem with the MOMO pedals.  

So, I replaced my MOMO pedals with ACT-Labs's Clutch Performance Pedals Set.  The new pedals are great, and they work fine with my MOMO wheel in Nascar 2003, except for one annoying detail:

Because the mac version of Nascar 2k3 only allows you to configure 3 input device entries (1 for x-axis, 1 for y-axis, and 1 for z-axis), I can't use the clutch in the game.  Once I calibrate the wheel, the accelerator, and the brake, there's no free axis entry for the clutch - neither in the external "Nascar config" utility nor in the 'in-game' calibration window.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?  Is there a way to edit some .ini file or something so that a 4th axis entry is offered?  I'd really appreciate some help with this, 'cause being able to use such a realistic clutch pedal while shifting would make the game all the more sweet.

TIA,
   Peter   :smile: