6 replies to this topic

#1 Drunk_caterpillar

Drunk_caterpillar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:05 PM

Recently I made a rather poor post in the general forum where I told someone he got owned by Glenda Adams when he was talking about how he was disappointed in the lack of Punkbuster support in CoD. In retrospect the deletion of said post was completely justified, but it raised in my mind a lack of any true guidelines or etiquette with regards to the use of JPEGs the IMG forum. While I'm pretty sure on how I aught to use pics on, say, the Penny Arcade forums I feel a bit like a fish out of water. As mods, when does the use of a photo constitute that post being deleted or edited?

Al

#2 Biablo

Biablo

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 12:04 AM

All degeneracy, such as posting owned pictures, is for the OT forum.

Long live off-topic.
Simulation Train Groping Booths: 3rd largest sector of the Japanese economy

#3 ProfessorX

ProfessorX

Swift like ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:59 AM

Posted Image

#4 Zack

Zack

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2481 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:09 PM

Your best bet is to only post them in OT...and sparingly at that.

As long as they're not offensive, and you don't spam with them, or post uber high-res screens, the occasional one in OT isn't pause for concern.
Zack Lipowski
Love, Peace, And Grease.
InsideMacGames

#5 Tycho Celchu

Tycho Celchu

Godlike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2470 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 03:56 PM

As long as they're not offensive, and you don't spam with them, or post uber high-res screens, the occasional one in OT isn't pause for concern.

Pause for concern? I thought it was always "cause for concern"  :razz: Anyways, I totally agree with that too. Now spamming with pies is another story  :wink:
"To be great is to be misunderstood" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#6 Drunk_caterpillar

Drunk_caterpillar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 04:05 PM

Those are the exact kinds of posts I'm wondering about. To what extent are these tolerated? (Nice chart by the way, very helpful.)

So in summary: No pics in posts (other than pie charts) outside OT? What if they're screens of a new game which are only a few kB in size and don't break the h-sroll? Should it just have a link? It seems to me that just outright prohibiting the use of pictures in posts, obviously within reason, doesn't help anyone that much, although I'll be the first to admit I do not fully comprehend the duties of a mod or how much this just annoys you guys.

Al

#7 Auron

Auron

Billowing Smokestack of BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:47 AM

Those are the exact kinds of posts I'm wondering about. To what extent are these tolerated? (Nice chart by the way, very helpful.)

So in summary: No pics in posts (other than pie charts) outside OT? What if they're screens of a new game which are only a few kB in size and don't break the h-sroll? Should it just have a link? It seems to me that just outright prohibiting the use of pictures in posts, obviously within reason, doesn't help anyone that much, although I'll be the first to admit I do not fully comprehend the duties of a mod or how much this just annoys you guys.

Al

Try to keep the pictures out of general unless they're pictures of some kind of hot new game running or something of that kind.