#1 BigMike9699

BigMike9699

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:50 PM

Hey,

So i installed Myth II on my powerbook (specs below), and the graphics were terrible (worse than it was on my P3 450 windows).  The resolution of units is ok, but the ground is all pixeliated.  There is blatant pixel differences in the ground between different colours and textures.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? if so, hwo did you remedy it?  ANY help at all will be greatly appreciated.  I have been wanting to play this game for ages.   Thanks.

-Mike

#2 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 May 2004 - 03:40 AM

If the ground is pixelated, you use software graphics mode. You should install one of ProjectMagma's patches that allows you to use OpenGL to draw the 3D graphics and textures. You can find the patches here
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#3 BigMike9699

BigMike9699

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:49 AM

Hey,

Thanks alot for the reply.  It was when i used software.  If i tried to use it in OpenGL it would crash back to desktop, so i didnt use it.  THanks for the info.

-Mike

edit:  which patch exactly do you suggest i D/L??  i noticed that 1.5 specifically noted OSX compatibility with OpenGL.  Is that the one i should download?  Or one of the 1.4 patched?  Thanksagain

#4 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Verbal Windbag

• IMG Writers
  • 4227 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:06 AM

Use the 1.5 beta--it works great for me!
Former Senior Hardware Editor
InsideMacGames.com

#5 BigMike9699

BigMike9699

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 07:31 PM

hey,

thanks alot for hte help

-Mike

#6 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 02:14 AM

Use the 1.5 beta--it works great for me!

just off topic here slightly - but try this for Myth 2 :

http://projectmagma.net/tfl_solo.shtml
It's something i found the other week (where have i been! lol), basically a re-write of TFL for Myth2. So awesome!! :-)
AppleCrypt Mods  (as dead as a Dodo!)