WC3 frozen throne

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hiei

Hiei

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 03:52 PM

hi i am new here and not sure if this is the right forum for my question. i just got the wc3 battle chest and installed it all but it won't let me host my own games? i talked to a few freinds and they said it had something to do with the firewall, like i have to open a new port number or so. can someone help em with my problem?

#2 Tycho Celchu

Tycho Celchu

Godlike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2470 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 04:34 PM

Try firewall, or if you use a router set up port fowarding. There should be instructions that came with your router on how to set that up.
"To be great is to be misunderstood" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#3 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 27 April 2004 - 05:40 PM

If you have the OS X firewall enabled, you go to System Preferences, Sharing. Got to the Firewall tab and click "new", select Port Name "other" and type 6112 (devault battle.net port) in the port range and Warcraft III, Battle.net or something similar on description and hit ok. make sure the checkbox is ticked and you're all set there.

If you have a router, you must configure that as well. Usually you do this through the webbrowser (by connecting to 192.168.0.1 with a Netgear or D-Link router, most use that IP, but some use 10.0.0.1 as well I believe). This can be more tricky, but hopefully your manual to the router can help you there. If not, post here again and we'll see what we can do.
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#4 Hiei

Hiei

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:44 PM

ive put in the port # and try'd it again however it still won't work, im not 100% sure but i think my router is airport? if so how do i configure that. i had no luck finding the manual. can  i acsess my router settings through system prefs? thanks again for your help

#5 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:51 PM

ive put in the port # and try'd it again however it still won't work, im not 100% sure but i think my router is airport? if so how do i configure that. i had no luck finding the manual. can  i acsess my router settings through system prefs? thanks again for your help

The AirPort is a Router as well, so you need to configure that. As for how, I'm not sure, but there are people here who have it and can help you, so just check in later =)
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***