68 replies to this topic

#61 ProfessorX

ProfessorX

Swift like ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:39 PM

My pleasure, and that's Professor monkey boy to you.

#62 Warhog

Warhog

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:00 PM

Im crashing everytime the bomb truck is used.... And it is true that you can only play with 5 online with gameranger....Which totally blows.

The map transfer page (like Starcraft't bnet) does not work. it makes everyone unexpectantly quit.....while host is stuck for 2 mins to count down before he can get out.

Im not sure what they did wrong with the network code for it to only support 5 people. Game rocks! But all these bugs are a major headache.

#63 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:20 PM

Im not sure what they did wrong with the network code

I don't know, but someone said something about overly complicated synchronization techniques. I'm more used to large-scale FPS and TA, but something tells me that C&C should be able to do better.

#64 | ! ! C o k e

| ! ! C o k e

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:07 PM

i have the same problem as all the guys above, ican join MP set up room and then when my maca tries to join, my progress bar doesnt move for the other players.
Other guys in my clan and mates in general have worse spec macs than me (1ghz powerbook 512ram 32mb video) and they join fine, this is perhaps something else. the uppdate patch didnt fix it either.
i am sure i will get to hear once something is sorted out for it but right now its kinda bummer. but hey the sun is shining and we should be all watching the football anyway so i can live with it (for now)

ps i always found aspyr support pretty helpful in the past

coke

#65 Purple X

Purple X

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 02:45 PM

i have the same problem as all the guys above, ican join MP set up room and then when my maca tries to join, my progress bar doesnt move for the other players.

We've been successfuly playing using Game Ranger (once all our Airports are configured to port forward corectly) but the Built in multiplayer we couldn't get going.

#66 mAcMacMan

mAcMacMan

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:29 PM

I don't see anyone else load but me... then I come into a frozen game. I have not been able ot play ONE multiplayer game.

I am very unhappy with this port, its performance on my G5 is pretty cruddy too.

#67 |420| Harm

|420| Harm

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 07:17 PM

Yeah they need to patch it. Major pain to play online.

#68 NightBird

NightBird

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 05:07 AM

I had this game for about a week and I think its great!  I have a G5 and runs just fine but I am having serious problems with multiplay.  I can join gameranger games sometimes and sometimes host but then after one game I cant play anymore.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I have a netgear router and did port forwarding but its odd that sometimes I can play and sometimes not.  I feel pretty bad when I join into a room with 3 other players and I would not be able to connect.  This has happened so many times.  Anyone have a solution?  Thanks for your time!

Ryan

#69 Shi'an

Shi'an

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 09:37 PM

I love this game, finnished all the single player and only play multiplayer on LAN.
Dial up Internet sort of stops the playing online much so I have no real problem with bugs.
Must say compared to some of the other crud I've seen over the years I think this is a pretty good port all round  :-D
Well you know you've taken gaming too far when you consider a birthday to be a "level up" and your kids as "NPCs"!
"The Battle Cat"

In search of the Perfect Game!