8 replies to this topic

#1 No One

No One

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 11:30 PM

I searched and couldn't find anything like this here.

I've been having trouble with freezing in Halo. The game will be playing perfectly fine, and all of the sudden it just stops. When it freezes the last couple of seconds of sound keep looping over and over again. I can't seem to connect the freeze to any circumstances, it feels completely random. I've tried to get crashlogs for it, but they don't seem to get written out when I restart the machine. Has anyone else seen this?

My machine:
Dual 1.8 ghz G5
Radeon 9600
512 megs ram
OSX 10.3.3
Halo Version 1.041

#2 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Verbal Windbag

• IMG Writers
  • 4227 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 April 2004 - 03:09 PM

That's pretty weird.  Are you running any apps in the background?
Former Senior Hardware Editor
InsideMacGames.com

#3 No One

No One

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 04:07 PM

None that I know of. I was checking top before I started playing and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

It still could be something external to Halo. The freeze doesn't seem connected to what's happening in the game. Once I froze in a huge fight, 15 minutes later I froze while looking at a wall. Sometimes it doesn't freeze at all for many hours.

#4 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Verbal Windbag

• IMG Writers
  • 4227 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 April 2004 - 05:02 PM

Maybe you should delete your Halo preferences and see if that changes anything.  If it doesn't, then I'd say your problem lies somewhere else.
Former Senior Hardware Editor
InsideMacGames.com

#5 No One

No One

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:23 PM

Deleting the prefs seems to have fixed the problem. So far no crashes. Thanks for the advice.

#6 No One

No One

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:53 PM

This is getting frustrating. Halo was working great for about 2 days. Now it's freezing more often then it was before. I deleted the prefs again and it didn't fix the problem. I've tried taking every last detail option down to lowest and that didn't seem to have any effect.

I've been trying to figure out where to send a technical support request to, but I can't find any e-mail addresses. Does anyone know which company I should ask, and where to find an e-mail address for them?

(Sorry about the double post. It was the only way I could think of to bring this up again without posting a new topic.)

#7 Tycho Celchu

Tycho Celchu

Godlike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2470 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 10:11 PM

support@macsoftgames.com
"To be great is to be misunderstood" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#8 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 10:25 PM

This is getting frustrating. Halo was working great for about 2 days. Now it's freezing more often then it was before.

What was the weather like during the last week or so? Does it get hot in your computer room? Ever monitored the hardware temperature? It might be a long shot, but maybe your computer is overheating. Make sure it has lots of room and airflow on the front and back sides.

#9 No One

No One

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 10:51 PM

support@macsoftgames.com
Excellent. Thank you.

What was the weather like during the last week or so? Does it get hot in your computer room? Ever monitored the hardware temperature? It might be a long shot, but maybe your computer is overheating. Make sure it has lots of room and airflow on the front and back sides.

That could be it. The temp hasn't been too hot lately, but the machine definately heats up a great deal. Today's freezes happened after it had been running for awhile. I'll have to watch my temperature before I send my e-mail.