3 replies to this topic

#1 George the Flea

George the Flea

IMG Comma Junkie

• IMG Writers
  • 680 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:02 PM

I downloaded the Rocket Arena mod and stuck the arena folder in the Quake3 base directory, but for some reason it won't load a game, and doesn't allow me to pick any of the RA maps or game types when I try to run it.  Anyone know how to get this mod to work?

Also, I have some mods listed in the mods list in-game that I never installed.  Any idea why these would be here or how to get rid of them?

Thanks to anyone who can help!
Ian
IMG Flunky

Me + web = Beckism.com | Tagamac | One Crayon

#2 Mayhem

Mayhem

Disturbed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts
  • Steam Name:mayhem_swe

Posted 07 April 2004 - 03:33 AM

Incidentally I also decided to give Rocket Arena a try yesterday. As best I can figure out (the documentation is pretty thin), the server part of the mod requires a native binary which hasn't been ported to the Mac (if you look in the Arena folder there is only a qagamex86.dll for Windows and a qagamei386.so for Linux). Essentially this means is that you cannot host games (nor arrange botmatches, though I'm not sure the mod even supports that), only join those hosted on other platforms.
Down with the Sickness

#3 CannonFodder

CannonFodder

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:16 AM

If the mod's creator did not use the QVM method for compiling, then yes, an OS X compiled dll would need to be made in order to use the mod.

#4 George the Flea

George the Flea

IMG Comma Junkie

• IMG Writers
  • 680 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 April 2004 - 01:22 PM

Gah, that's frustrating.  I'll email the developer and see if anything is in the works.
Ian
IMG Flunky

Me + web = Beckism.com | Tagamac | One Crayon