3 replies to this topic

#1 ny_giants777

ny_giants777

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 05:31 PM

I have been having trouble finding no expansion NWN multiplayer games.  I am reluctant to buy the PC ones and use Openknight because I want to support Macsoft when they release them.  

I was wondering if anyone played in a no expansion PW that with roleplaying and a mix of action or if anyone knew of a DMed game through Neverwinter Connections.

Thanks.

#2 deckels

deckels

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1119 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:45 AM

Sorry to say it, but the servers I play on, which are great, all use both expansions plus the Community Expansion Pack.  The three of these really add some nice depth to the game (I am particularly enjoying the crafting stuff in the CEP.  At least I think that came with the CEP).

I think you can buy the two retail PC expansions together now.  I might be making that up.  Macsoft has said that they want you to enjoy their game and get the PC expansions if you want.  Since it's taking them a bit to get the expansions out, I say follow their advice and get the PC expansions.

Then, get the CEP and come play the Hall of The Worlds, located under PW Action.  :)  It's a fun, ever-growing server.

#3 ny_giants777

ny_giants777

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:40 PM

Thanks, I have the CEP
Maybe I will take your advice and get the PC expansions, except I want to buy the Macsoft ones to support them.  If I don't here anymore about the Macsoft port soon I will go ahead and get the PC ones and check out you PW!

#4 MightySlugMan

MightySlugMan

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1532 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:43 PM

it would probably be cheaper to get the PC versions anyways :-
"Nothing here but us text"