Unreal 2?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sputs

Sputs

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 07:22 PM

I've been out of the loop of gaming news for awhile. So I ask what is going on with the transfer of of Unreal 2 to the Mac? I have been waiting for this game for some time and now I see that Unreal Tournament 2004 is already being translated. I would have thought that Un2 would have come about the same time as Un Tournament 2003.

#2 Tycho Celchu

Tycho Celchu

Godlike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2470 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 08:33 PM

It hasn't been announced that it is being ported yet, and I would guess it won't from some lackluster reviews I saw.
"To be great is to be misunderstood" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#3 MightySlugMan

MightySlugMan

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1532 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:31 PM

Unreal 2 was supposedly a terrible game, despite it's looks and attractive woman.  I assume it didn't so well on the PC side, so most likely coming to the mac wouldn't be a good idea for a publisher since it probably wouldn't sell well.
"Nothing here but us text"

#4 griel

griel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 05:15 PM

Yeah Unreal2 is bad. There was a multiplayer add-on released that helps some but the game is not worth the effort of porting. The pc developer (Legend)was recently closed down by Atari. I can't say that the closing of Legend makes me sad at all. I've played three of their games (Unreal 2, Wheel of Time and the Unreal 1 exp.) and they were all bad. I was surprised when they were first announced as the developers of U2 because their previous work had been less than spectacular.