• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hambone

hambone

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 07:14 PM

is there any way to give the iroquois the ability to build and board ships? its around 1670 in a "Fantasia" game and i've conquered all of north, central and south america. but because i cant access ships there really is no where for me to go now.

naval and land tech are both around lvl 18; infrastructure and trade are around lvl 6. but i cant even use the transports that i have been given as gifts. i am able to fight off pirates and control the ships, but the game wont let me buil any or load up troops onto them.

any clues? or are the iroquois just inherently limited?

#2 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 April 2004 - 09:32 PM

is there any way to give the iroquois the ability to build and board ships? its around 1670 in a "Fantasia" game and i've conquered all of north, central and south america. but because i cant access ships there really is no where for me to go now.

naval and land tech are both around lvl 18; infrastructure and trade are around lvl 6. but i cant even use the transports that i have been given as gifts. i am able to fight off pirates and control the ships, but the game wont let me buil any or load up troops onto them.

any clues? or are the iroquois just inherently limited?

Forgive me if this is elementary in nature for you, but...

(1)  You do know to move the transports out of the harbor to load troops, right?

(2)  Is the cargo (troop) capacity large enough to load the number of units you wish to transport?

I'm not aware of any limitation on the Iroquois or any other Native American nation.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#3 Rubel

Rubel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:42 PM

does the "whiteman" factor only make them unable to build cavalry?
I left my heart in Port Montyhaul.

#4 hambone

hambone

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 890 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:32 AM

Forgive me if this is elementary in nature for you, but...

(1)  You do know to move the transports out of the harbor to load troops, right?
nothing is ever elementary in this game when it comes to the UI. of course, i was always trying to load troops onto the ship while the ship was in harbour, that making logical sense and all...

I'm not aware of any limitation on the Iroquois or any other Native American nation.

however, the game still wont let me actually build my own ships. any solutions to this? my nval tech is 20, i have naval manufactories, a shipyard, the works. do i need more manpower perhaps? the province in which my shipyard is placed has a manpower of 1.0 (whatever that means).

also, as someone else mentioned, i am unab le to build cavalry.

any tips resolving these difficulties would be most appreciated!!

#5 MaverickF01

MaverickF01

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 06:25 PM

The fantasia scenario won't really let you get the full game, as it is very limited in nature. I would recommend trying the Iroq. on the full campaign so that you may eventually get cav. forces

#6 hambone

hambone

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 02:08 AM

i'm not sure if it was the fact that the year crossed 1700 or that i finally got a (randomly gifted) ship over to europe, but now the game lets me build boats. thank god! i can finally strike terror into the hearts of all those damn pirates.

#7 Sternum

Sternum

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:33 AM

I hate pirates. Mainly because I forget to use them myself.